A narrow field has been drawn for the $200,000 Del Mar Mile Handicap (gr. IIT), to be contested Aug. 25. Obviously seeks a second consecutive win in the Mile, after setting a course record in the 2012 edition.
Without Shoemaker Mile (gr. IT) winner Courageous Cat to contend with, the $200,000 Del Mar Mile Handicap (gr. IIT) Aug. 27 became a much more competitive, though still compact, affair.
Favored Whatsthescript got the fast pace he was looking for and unleashed an eye-catching move down the center of the stretch to capture the $328,000 Del Mar Mile Handicap (gr. IIT) by three-quarters of a length on the grass Aug. 24.
After wowing everyone from Southern California to Louisiana since last fall, the intermediate turf standout Daytona fell apart as the 7-10 favorite in the American Handicap at Hollywood Park. Dan Hendricks is eager to see what a seven-week break will do for his two-time grade I winning gelding in the $400,000 Del Mar Breeders' Cup Mile Handicap (gr. IIT) Aug. 24.
Crossing the Line, sidelined after winning the Del Mar Mile Handicap (gr. IIT), is gearing up for a return at the races at the upcoming Hollywood Park spring/summer meet, which gets under way April 23.
Any time a racehorse is able to put, 'defeated The Tin Man' on its resume, it is an impressive item. The Brazilian-bred Out of Control is the only one in the $400,000 Breeders' Cup Del Mar Mile Handicap (gr. IIT) field of nine that can make that distinction, making the 4-year-old colt the one to beat Aug. 19 on the turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Alto Aims High With Materiality
- NY to Consider Rule on Decoupled Entries
- Bill Cooke & Calumet Farm's Trophy Collection
- American Pharoah Has Lone Churchill Breeze
- Dortmund, Other CA Shippers Arrive at CD
- Three Derby Hopefuls Have Derby-Winning Sires
- Three to Represent New York in Derby
- Champ Calgary Cat Up Late in Jacques Cartier
- Social Inclusion Second in 2015 Debut
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill