Ghazi, a grade I winner and the sire of 19 stakes winners, was euthanized Nov. 3 because of cancer.
Quantum Merit went to the lead from the beginning and held off second-place Foreverness by a nose to win the $114,300 Kingston for New York breds on the Belmont Park turf Sunday.
Quantum Merit, West Virginia, Ma Femme and So Sweet a Cat registered victories in Sunday's New York Stallion Series, a four-race showcase for state-bred horses at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Ferndale Racetrack OK After Earthquake