Virginia racing industry leaders Anne Poulson, Ernie Oare, and Dr. Jens von Lepel resigned from the Virginia Thoroughbred Association board June 28 over the controversial firing of former executive director Glenn Petty.
The Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association will hold a Thoroughbred Pedigree and Conformation Clinic Sunday, March 24 at Palm Meadows Training Center in Boynton Beach, Fla.
Keeneland's juvenile auction, which is scheduled for April 9 in Lexington, will close out a selling season for select 2-year-olds in training that has been generally positive.
Fasig-Tipton's Kentucky fall yearling sale soared at the start, and company officials expected the market to remain upbeat throughout the auction's three-day run in Lexington.
Fasig-Tipton president Boyd Browning calls the Kentucky select auction a "solid" start to the yearling selling season.
She is the most expensive filly sold so far at the July select yearling auction.
Read what buyers and consignors had to say about the May 17 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic juvenile auction. Read Story
The annual November breeding stock sale is a showcase of first-crop weanling sires. Below is a random sampling of comments about the new sires and their weanlings.
Secret Hello, who was Virginia's leading sire in 1999, was euthanized because of complications from a chronic neurological disease.
Legislation that would remove impediments to horse racing in Virginia passed the state Senate Jan. 29. The bill, sponsored by Sen. Kenneth Stolle, was approved by a 27-12 vote. It now goes to General Laws Subcommittee in the House of Delegates.
Most Popular Stories
- Jockey Morales Posts 1,000th Career Victory
- Heir Kitty Set for Return in Great Lady M
- Uniform Drug Program Picking Up Support
- Equine Infectious Disease Outbreak Response 101
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California
- Full Field of 14 Contest Wide-Open Modesty
- Hialeah Sees New Thoroughbred Opportunity
- Princess of Sylmar Seeks Del 'Cap Rebound
- Panel: Change in Culture Needed in Racing