The Iowa Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association is conducting an online auction of seasons to more than 180 stallions from 16 states.
Iowa has removed a restriction requiring Iowa-registered stallions to be owned by in-state residents, and breeders believe the legislative change with foster growth in the program.
Breeding seasons to more than 140 stallions from 20 states will be up for bid in an online auction for the ITBOA Stallion Stakes Dec. 7-14.
Prairie Meadows Racetrack & Casino in Iowa and Canterbury Park in Minnesota are joining forces to offer more racing opportunities for state-bred runners via joint restricted races.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Tequilita Hopes to Go Distance in Gulfstream Oaks
- Celestine Seeks Honey Fox Repeat