The Iowa Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association is conducting an online auction of seasons to more than 180 stallions from 16 states.
Iowa has removed a restriction requiring Iowa-registered stallions to be owned by in-state residents, and breeders believe the legislative change with foster growth in the program.
Breeding seasons to more than 140 stallions from 20 states will be up for bid in an online auction for the ITBOA Stallion Stakes Dec. 7-14.
Prairie Meadows Racetrack & Casino in Iowa and Canterbury Park in Minnesota are joining forces to offer more racing opportunities for state-bred runners via joint restricted races.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- Shaman Ghost Works Bullet in Pegasus Prep
- Suddenbreakingnews Set to Return at Oaklawn
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Castellano Scores Fourth Straight Eclipse as Top Jockey