The Iowa Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association is conducting an online auction of seasons to more than 180 stallions from 16 states.
Iowa has removed a restriction requiring Iowa-registered stallions to be owned by in-state residents, and breeders believe the legislative change with foster growth in the program.
Breeding seasons to more than 140 stallions from 20 states will be up for bid in an online auction for the ITBOA Stallion Stakes Dec. 7-14.
Prairie Meadows Racetrack & Casino in Iowa and Canterbury Park in Minnesota are joining forces to offer more racing opportunities for state-bred runners via joint restricted races.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- Japan Races added to BC Challenge Series
- KY-Bred Ryans Charm Scores Repeat in Peru GI
- Into Mischief Filly MHBA Yearling Show Champ
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- KY Track, Equipment Co. Offers Scholarship
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup