The Iowa Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association is conducting an online auction of seasons to more than 180 stallions from 16 states.
Iowa has removed a restriction requiring Iowa-registered stallions to be owned by in-state residents, and breeders believe the legislative change with foster growth in the program.
Breeding seasons to more than 140 stallions from 20 states will be up for bid in an online auction for the ITBOA Stallion Stakes Dec. 7-14.
Prairie Meadows Racetrack & Casino in Iowa and Canterbury Park in Minnesota are joining forces to offer more racing opportunities for state-bred runners via joint restricted races.
Most Popular Stories
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Mor Spirit Move Pleases Baffert, Stevens
- Creator Turns in Final Kentucky Derby Breeze
- Gun Runner Wraps Up Major Pre-Derby Work
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Breeder Lucy Bassett Dies at 87
- Asmussen Breezes Four Oaks Hopefuls
- Nyquist Top 3YO in Final Pre-Derby NTRA Poll
- Ohio Steps Up in American Stakes
- Hermann Named Golden Gate Announcer