The Iowa Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association is conducting an online auction of seasons to more than 180 stallions from 16 states.
Iowa has removed a restriction requiring Iowa-registered stallions to be owned by in-state residents, and breeders believe the legislative change with foster growth in the program.
Breeding seasons to more than 140 stallions from 20 states will be up for bid in an online auction for the ITBOA Stallion Stakes Dec. 7-14.
Prairie Meadows Racetrack & Casino in Iowa and Canterbury Park in Minnesota are joining forces to offer more racing opportunities for state-bred runners via joint restricted races.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Fair Eva First Stakes Winner for Frankel
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Highland Reel Leads Every Step in King George
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- Apprentice Aparicio Rides First U.S. Winner