While they did not draw the interest Plum Pretty garnered in November, two of the three half sisters to the 2011 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) winner sold on the opening day of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale.
Plum Pretty hadn't been out in more than five months but her class showed through as she strolled to a comfortable win in the $500,000 Apple Blossom Handicap (gr. I) April 13 at Oaklawn Park.
Peachtree Stable's Plum Pretty, a daughter of Medaglia d'Oro, holds off the late charge of St. John's River to win the May 6 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) at Churchill Downs.
Plum Pretty, shipping from Southern California for trainer Bob Baffert, humbled five rivals by a Rachel Alexandra-like 25 lengths as the 1-20 favorite in the $200,000 Sunland Park Oaks in New Mexico March 27.
Most Popular Stories
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Ward: Scope Shows Lady Aurelia Bled
- Connect in Good Shape After PA Derby Win