Lenny Shulman talks with Chad Brown, who trains Filly and Mare Turf favorite Stacelita, Fantastic Song, and Dayatthespa. Sponsored by Taylor Made Stallions Watch Video
Trainer Chad Brown knows how to win the Juvenile Filly Turf (gr. IIT) and he's seen Dayatthespa as a strong candidate for this race since the spring.
These horses have the potential to light up the board at Churchill Downs read blog
The John Gosden-trained Elusive Kate, winner of the Prix Marcel Boussac (Fr-I) was made the 2-1 favorite for the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IIT).
Multiple grade I winner Stacelita had her final serious work for the Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT) on Oct. 27 at Belmont Park, covering five furlongs in 1:02 4/5 under Ramon Dominguez.
Working in company with Desert Sage, Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT) contender Stacelita breezed four furlongs in 48.55 seconds.
Mike Repole's dynamic duo of Uncle Mo and Stay Thirsty worked the morning of Oct. 16 over the training track at Belmont Park, with Uncle Mo covering five furlongs in a bullet :58.64 -- the fastest of 32 at the distance.
Northern Passion, one of four starters for trainer Mark Casse, ran down Dayatthespa in mid-stretch and went on to take the $235,100 Natalma Stakes (Can-IIIT) by 1 1/4 lengths Sept. 17 at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Alert Bay Holds Tough in San Francisco Mile
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile