Lenny Shulman talks with Chad Brown, who trains Filly and Mare Turf favorite Stacelita, Fantastic Song, and Dayatthespa. Sponsored by Taylor Made Stallions Watch Video
Trainer Chad Brown knows how to win the Juvenile Filly Turf (gr. IIT) and he's seen Dayatthespa as a strong candidate for this race since the spring.
These horses have the potential to light up the board at Churchill Downs read blog
The John Gosden-trained Elusive Kate, winner of the Prix Marcel Boussac (Fr-I) was made the 2-1 favorite for the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IIT).
Multiple grade I winner Stacelita had her final serious work for the Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT) on Oct. 27 at Belmont Park, covering five furlongs in 1:02 4/5 under Ramon Dominguez.
Working in company with Desert Sage, Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT) contender Stacelita breezed four furlongs in 48.55 seconds.
Mike Repole's dynamic duo of Uncle Mo and Stay Thirsty worked the morning of Oct. 16 over the training track at Belmont Park, with Uncle Mo covering five furlongs in a bullet :58.64 -- the fastest of 32 at the distance.
Northern Passion, one of four starters for trainer Mark Casse, ran down Dayatthespa in mid-stretch and went on to take the $235,100 Natalma Stakes (Can-IIIT) by 1 1/4 lengths Sept. 17 at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Mr. Jordan, Green Gratto Face Off in Salvator
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Full Mast Could Cruise in King Edward Stakes
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Laurel Adds New High-Definition Infield Board