Kentucky's chances at a casino bill in 2013 appear slim. read blog
Kentucky Republican Senate President David Williams is vacating that post to accept a judgeship in the southern part of the state.
Several Thoroughbred industry officials met in Frankfort, Ky., Jan. 14 to discuss a 2011 legislative plan for increasing purses and breed development funds.
Kentucky Senate President David Williams said April 27 issues in the horse racing and pari-mutuel industry are "complicated," but lawmakers intend to continue working on ways to strengthen the business.
A bill requiring a constitutional amendment for expanded gambling in Kentucky has been introduced in the state General Assembly by Republican Senate President David Williams.
When Republican Jimmy Higdon soundly defeated Democrat Jodie Haydon in the special state Senate election Dec. 8, it signaled challenging times ahead for Kentucky's horse industry.
During a presentation to members of the horse industry at the Kentucky Horse Park Oct. 20, Kentucky Senate President David Williams and Sen. Damon Thayer, both Republicans, proposed constitutional amendments regarding the future of the state's horse industry.
In the latest volley in the debate over legalized alternative gaming at Kentucky racetracks, Kentucky State Senate President David Williams issued the following response to a recent commentary by Lane's End Farm general manager and prominent Republican Bill Farish.
On the eve of the release of racetrack gaming legislation on the call for a special session of the Kentucky General Assembly, the state's top lawmakers debated the merits of the plan and indicated it won't be a slam dunk.
Merchandise featuring the image of dual classic winner Smarty Jones, including t-shirts and caps, will be available at racetracks across the country on Belmont Stakes (gr. I) day under a deal reached between the National Thoroughbred Racing Association and the undefeated colt's owners, Roy and Patricia Chapman.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Strong Gains at OBS Session Led by Record Tiznow Colt
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot