Three veteran racing officials accredited by the Racing Officials Accreditation program have been approved by the Minnesota Racing Commission to serve as stewards at Canterbury Park.
ThistleDown Racino announced June 12 that the facility will remain at its current Cuyahoga County, Ohio location and will not exercise its state-approved option to relocate to the Akron-Canton area.
Everyone thinks they have it tough. But racehorse owner Dr. Stephen Sinatra's granddaughter, nearly 10-year-old Cecelia, is one of those who has it much tougher than most. read blog
Stoll Keenon Ogden, a prominent Kentucky law firm, will be the presenting sponsor of the 2011 Breeders' Cup post position draw luncheon at Churchill Downs Oct. 31, the Breeders' Cup announced.
Desert Party was the second of two Godolphin Racing horses on the track at Churchill Downs April 25 to complete his works for the May 2 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) and his :59 3/5 timing for five furlongs was second only behind stablemate Regal Ransom's bullet work of :59 1/5.
- By Ryan Conley
Trainer Gregory Martin, who in March pleaded guilty to charges for his role in an alleged multi-million dollar illegal gambling ring, was sentenced to two years probation with six months home confinement on Tuesday during an appearance in a New York federal court.
Grade II winner Mula Gula was represented by his first winner when his daughter Espresso Gal won Sept. 17 at Hastings Racecourse.
The Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association will conduct its New and Prospective Owners seminar on May 16 at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- NJ-Bred Chublicious Captures Mr. Prospector
- Mid-Year Look at the BC Classic
- Marialite Upsets Favorites at Hanshin
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Sheer Drama On Fence for 'Summit of Speed'
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another