Regulators, as well as potentially affected track officials, had no easy answer Oct. 6 for Kentucky Downs' request to add two days to its short, successful September meet.
The 2012 Pocahontas Stakes (gr. II) win by Claiborne Farm and Adele Dilschneider's filly Sign was reinstated following a settlement announced July 17 by the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission.
David Royse, representing Sign's owners, said the stewards mistakenly believed they were obligated to include a disqualification (and resulting purse forfeiture) as a minimum requirement of the current KHRC rule.
A Kentucky hearing officer will review a decision to disqualify Sign from victory in the 2012 Pocahontas Stakes (gr. II) at Churchill Downs following a positive test for methocarbamol (Robaxin).
Most Popular Stories
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- Inside the Magical Kingdom of Ballydoyle
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Positive Start to Fasig-Tipton October Sale
- Harzand to Aga Khan’s Gilltown Stud