Regulators, as well as potentially affected track officials, had no easy answer Oct. 6 for Kentucky Downs' request to add two days to its short, successful September meet.
The 2012 Pocahontas Stakes (gr. II) win by Claiborne Farm and Adele Dilschneider's filly Sign was reinstated following a settlement announced July 17 by the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission.
David Royse, representing Sign's owners, said the stewards mistakenly believed they were obligated to include a disqualification (and resulting purse forfeiture) as a minimum requirement of the current KHRC rule.
A Kentucky hearing officer will review a decision to disqualify Sign from victory in the 2012 Pocahontas Stakes (gr. II) at Churchill Downs following a positive test for methocarbamol (Robaxin).
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Itsinthepost Breaks Through in San Luis Rey