The 2012 Pocahontas Stakes (gr. II) win by Claiborne Farm and Adele Dilschneider's filly Sign was reinstated following a settlement announced July 17 by the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission.
David Royse, representing Sign's owners, said the stewards mistakenly believed they were obligated to include a disqualification (and resulting purse forfeiture) as a minimum requirement of the current KHRC rule.
A Kentucky hearing officer will review a decision to disqualify Sign from victory in the 2012 Pocahontas Stakes (gr. II) at Churchill Downs following a positive test for methocarbamol (Robaxin).
Most Popular Stories
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- From Turf to Dirt, Bolo Targets SA Derby
- Pereira Taken to Hospital After SA Spill
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- American Pharoah Tops KDFW Pool 4
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- Materiality New KY Derby Shooter for Pletcher
- Unbeaten Materiality Secures Florida Derby
- 'Pharoah' Speedy in First Workout After Rebel
- Daredevil, Frosted Post Final Works for Wood