The 2012 Pocahontas Stakes (gr. II) win by Claiborne Farm and Adele Dilschneider's filly Sign was reinstated following a settlement announced July 17 by the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission.
David Royse, representing Sign's owners, said the stewards mistakenly believed they were obligated to include a disqualification (and resulting purse forfeiture) as a minimum requirement of the current KHRC rule.
A Kentucky hearing officer will review a decision to disqualify Sign from victory in the 2012 Pocahontas Stakes (gr. II) at Churchill Downs following a positive test for methocarbamol (Robaxin).
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina Sparkles in Debut
- Sharp American Pharoah Ready for Return
- 'Maria' Continues to Amaze in Rothschild Win
- Turfdonna Digs Deep for German Oaks Win
- O'Sullevan, 'Voice of Racing', Dies at 97
- Jim Dandy: Texas Red Denies Frosted
- Beholder All Class in Easy Hirsch Score
- American Pharoah Wraps Up Haskell Preparation
- Rare Upset for Jockey Parker at Mountaineer
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell