The 2012 Pocahontas Stakes (gr. II) win by Claiborne Farm and Adele Dilschneider's filly Sign was reinstated following a settlement announced July 17 by the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission.
David Royse, representing Sign's owners, said the stewards mistakenly believed they were obligated to include a disqualification (and resulting purse forfeiture) as a minimum requirement of the current KHRC rule.
A Kentucky hearing officer will review a decision to disqualify Sign from victory in the 2012 Pocahontas Stakes (gr. II) at Churchill Downs following a positive test for methocarbamol (Robaxin).
Most Popular Stories
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Mubtaahij in 'Missed Work' at Arlington
- Effinex Wins Excelsior, Wicked Strong Third
- Kentucky Derby: Trainer Weaver on Tencendur
- Carr Released From Hospital After Surgery
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- Upstart, Frosted Drill in Florida for Derby
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Derby All About Opportunity for Bolo, Gaines
- Donegal Racing Aims for Derby Weekend Triple