The 2012 Pocahontas Stakes (gr. II) win by Claiborne Farm and Adele Dilschneider's filly Sign was reinstated following a settlement announced July 17 by the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission.
David Royse, representing Sign's owners, said the stewards mistakenly believed they were obligated to include a disqualification (and resulting purse forfeiture) as a minimum requirement of the current KHRC rule.
A Kentucky hearing officer will review a decision to disqualify Sign from victory in the 2012 Pocahontas Stakes (gr. II) at Churchill Downs following a positive test for methocarbamol (Robaxin).
Most Popular Stories
- Two Share Fastest Furlong Time at F-T Show
- Champion Wise Dan Back at the Track
- Wise Dan, Main Sequence Top Turf Classic Noms
- Mountaineer Cancels; Parx Loses Most of Card
- Hall Finalists Include Leatherbury, Lava Man
- The Jockey Club 2015 Fact Book Now Online
- Average, Median Rise at Inglis Yearling Sale
- New Social Media Rule for Australian Racing
- Daredevil Back to Work After Swale Washout
- TOBA to Present Pedigree, Conformation Clinic