Dan Silver has been named director of television and interactive platforms for the New York Racing Association, effective January 2014.
The amount of racing at Saratoga Race Course, the quality of the technology available at the track, and the future of the facilities at all New York Racing Association tracks were the focus of an Aug. 26 forum.
Scott M. Finley will join the New York Racing Association as its director of simulcasting effective Aug. 1, the organization announced July 13.
High quality racing, customer service, and history were the subjects of a New York Racing Association media event June 24 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., at which the organization's executives detailed plans for this year's meet.
A public hearing held by the New York Racing Association at Belmont June 15 was intended to focus on racing, wagering, and marketing, but within minutes of its start, it turned into an acrimonious, impromptu union meeting.
The New York Racing Association board of directors met June 10, partly in closed session, but said afterward no decision had been made on selecting a chief executive officer to lead the organization.
The New York Racing Association board of directors, at a meeting late in the afternoon of April 29, appointed an interim management team to run the corporation's racetracks until a new chief executive officer is hired.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Out of San Felipe With Bruised Quarter
- THS: Santa Anita H. & San Felipe S.
- Shippers Head Wide-Open Honeybee
- Haskin: Another Opportunity For Wise Dan
- Who Will Win the Big 'Cap Showdown?
- Chad Brown Fillies Vie for Florida Oaks
- Bond Holder to Florida Clinic for Monitoring
- 191 Nominated to Toyota Blue Grass Stakes
- Epic Rematch Set for Santa Anita Handicap
- Sherman Keeps Ticking With California Chrome