After a session topped by an Astrology filly bought by Mandy Pope's Whisper Hill Farm for $300,000, the Ocala Breeders' Sales' 2-year-olds in training sale ended June 14 with double-digit increases in average and median prices.
Spurred by a diverse group of international and domestic buyers active at all levels of the market, the Ocala Breeders’ Sales spring sale of 2-year-olds in training came to an end April 28 with records set in key statistical categories.
If the brisk activity in the barn area is any indication, Ocala Breeders' Sales is poised for a strong spring 2-year-olds in training sale.
Calculator's win in the Jan. 10 Sham Stakes (gr. III) adds to the legacy of the O'Farrell family's Ocala Stud. The Florida-bred son of In Summation races for longtime Ocala Stud client Richard Pell.
Three-time grade 1 winner Sweet Return (GB), owned by the Red Oak Farm of John J. Brunetti, will stand the 2015 breeding season at Ocala Stud Farm.
Ocala Breeders' Sales Company officials could not have scripted a better start to the OBS spring sale of 2-year-olds in training in Ocala, Fla., on Monday, April 22. Bidding proved fast and furious, fueling large gains.
Ocala Stud may no longer own undefeated Fair Grounds Oaks (gr. II) winner Unlimited Budget, but the farm's association with the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I)-bound filly's family goes back nearly 60 years.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Morning-Line Pick in Wide-Open Haskell
- Stellar Wind, Vale Dori Face Off Again in Hirsch
- Into the Gray Brings Graydar First Winner
- Fayeq Impresses in Saratoga Allowance Victory
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- No Sure Favorite in Woodbine's Royal North Stakes
- Ascend, Bigger Picture to Clash in Bowling Green
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Look Back: Bernardini's Dandy Score at Saratoga