Daily purses were up 9.2% for Churchill Downs' weather-shortened fall meet, which concluded Nov. 30.
Following back-to-back cancellations because of a frozen racetrack, racing at Churchill Downs will resume Nov. 21 at 12:40 p.m. EST with its regularly scheduled 10-race program.
Unable to thaw its main track following a blast of winter weather, Churchill Downs has announced that it will cancel live racing for a second straight day Nov. 20.
After heavy rain overnight in Louisville, Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner California Chrome was out a bit earlier than usual the morning of May 10 for a routine gallop at Churchill Downs.
Churchill Downs has appointed David Lehr track superintendent and senior director of track surfaces, a post he will assume immediately.
Most Popular Stories
- Terranovas Seek Derby Success With El Kabeir
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- U.S. Alleges Conspiracy at Penn National
- Luck of the Kitten Starts '15 in Transylvania
- Is Mubtaahij a Major Derby Contender?
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- El Kabeir Fires Bullet Work at Belmont
- Keeneland Plans Wide Live Broadcast Coverage
- ROAP Seeks Regulation of 'Program Trainers'
- Untapable Heads Asmussen Workers at Oaklawn