Churchill Downs Racetrack announced March 31 that track superintendent David Lehr will retire from that post, effective May 31, and will be succeeded by assistant track superintendent James "Jamie" Richardson.
Daily purses were up 9.2% for Churchill Downs' weather-shortened fall meet, which concluded Nov. 30.
Following back-to-back cancellations because of a frozen racetrack, racing at Churchill Downs will resume Nov. 21 at 12:40 p.m. EST with its regularly scheduled 10-race program.
Unable to thaw its main track following a blast of winter weather, Churchill Downs has announced that it will cancel live racing for a second straight day Nov. 20.
After heavy rain overnight in Louisville, Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner California Chrome was out a bit earlier than usual the morning of May 10 for a routine gallop at Churchill Downs.
Churchill Downs has appointed David Lehr track superintendent and senior director of track surfaces, a post he will assume immediately.
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Derby Winner Materiality Dies
- Leading Jockey Gallardo Heads to New York
- Live Racing at Meadowlands Cancelled Again
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Quest For More Rallies From Last in Cadran
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- New Santa Anita Turf Course Passes First Test
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23