Churchill Downs Racetrack announced March 31 that track superintendent David Lehr will retire from that post, effective May 31, and will be succeeded by assistant track superintendent James "Jamie" Richardson.
Daily purses were up 9.2% for Churchill Downs' weather-shortened fall meet, which concluded Nov. 30.
Following back-to-back cancellations because of a frozen racetrack, racing at Churchill Downs will resume Nov. 21 at 12:40 p.m. EST with its regularly scheduled 10-race program.
Unable to thaw its main track following a blast of winter weather, Churchill Downs has announced that it will cancel live racing for a second straight day Nov. 20.
After heavy rain overnight in Louisville, Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner California Chrome was out a bit earlier than usual the morning of May 10 for a routine gallop at Churchill Downs.
Churchill Downs has appointed David Lehr track superintendent and senior director of track surfaces, a post he will assume immediately.
Most Popular Stories
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- Desormeaux Failed Breathalyzer at Del Mar
- Lady Eli Showing Improvement From Laminitis
- Untapable Looks for Shuvee Relief
- First Winners for Pair of Louisiana Stallions
- Gimme Da Lute Brings Class to Real Good Deal
- Real Solution Acquired by Calumet Farm
- Protonico Heads Monmouth Cup Stakes Cast
- Lochte Seeks Winning Form in Oceanport