Tarabilla Farms' grade III winner Home Run Kitten snapped an eight race winless streak in an off-the-turf version of the $100,000 American Stakes May 6 at Santa Anita Park.
Grade I winner and millionaire Afternoon Deelites arrived May 22 at Old Friends, the Thoroughbred Retirement Center, near Georgetown, Ky.
Grade I winner Greg's Gold seeks his fourth victory of the season, but the 6-year-old gelding will have to carry top weight and deal with red-hot Unusual Suspect, a winner in three of his last four starts, in the $100,000 On Trust Handicap Dec. 22 at Hollywood Park.
The Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) field is beginning to take shape with leading contender Balance scheduled to ship from Southern California to Kentucky April 29.
Favored Joey Franco captured the $75,000-added El Cajon Stakes for 3-year-olds at Del Mar Friday night, prevailing by a head in an all-out stretch duel with Taste of Paradise and a fast-closing Paxtecum.
Although trainer Mel Stute believes she is versatile enough not to have to be on the lead, Buffythecenterfold certainly seems to be the one to catch in Saturday's $150,000 Sorrento Stakes (gr. II) for 2-year-old fillies at 6 1/2 furlongs on the main track.
Most Popular Stories
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Lanerie Scores Unusual Double at Ellis Park
- Destin Remains On Track for Jim Dandy
- Beholder Brilliant in Del Mar Breeze
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- California Diamond Shines in Paddock Sale