Winchell Thoroughbreds' homebred Tapit filly Untapable may surprise in the Nov. 2 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I).
Winchell Thoroughbreds, which has had success with offspring of the stallion Tapit, purchased one of his fillies for $300,000 during the July 12 Fasig-Tipton July yearling sale in Lexington.
Winchell Thoroughbreds' Tapizar has been taken off the Derby trail after a chip was discovered in his left knee following his disappointing fifth-place finish in the Robert B. Lewis Stakes (gr. II) at odds of 1-5 Feb. 12
Robert LaPenta jokingly discusses his Blue Grass Stakes strategy during a preview dinner at Keeneland April 10.
Wood Memorial (gr. I) winner Tapit had his first breeze Tuesday since withdrawing from the Belmont Stakes (gr. I), due to a recurrence of a lung ailment that has plagued him since the Florida Derby (gr. I).
The past performances certainly indicate that Smarty Jones should win the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) and become racing 12th Triple Crown winner. But then there is the X-factor, Tapit, who looks to be the unknown quantity that could turn the past performances upside down.
Owner Michael Gill's offer of $3 million for Winchell Thoroughbreds' classics hopeful Tapit was refused.
Pedigree Analysis for Fleet Renee
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- Aurelia's Belle Helps Owner Realize Dream
- California Chrome Boasts Strong Foundation
- Tapit Colt Leads Robust OBS Second Session
- Afternoon With the Regal Rosalind
- Claiborne Farm to Sponsor Breeders' Futurity
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 4/21/2014
- Gulfstream-Calder Deal Could Be in Works
- Forty Niner Son Gold Case Euthanized
- Louisiana Puts More Pressure on Fair Grounds