California Gov. Jerry Brown has approved legislation that increases from 32 to 50 the limit on the daily number of imported races on which a racing association or fair simulcast facility in the state can accept wagers.
The California State Fair board plans to swap its Thoroughbred meet this summer for harness racing.
The 11-race program at Cal Expo was canceled on Friday after jockeys decided the course was unsafe due to overnight and morning rain.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident