California Gov. Jerry Brown has approved legislation that increases from 32 to 50 the limit on the daily number of imported races on which a racing association or fair simulcast facility in the state can accept wagers.
The California State Fair board plans to swap its Thoroughbred meet this summer for harness racing.
The 11-race program at Cal Expo was canceled on Friday after jockeys decided the course was unsafe due to overnight and morning rain.
Most Popular Stories
- Second Summer catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Dubai World Cup Night
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Owner-Breeder Bertram Klein Dies
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Different Paths, Futures for Two Spiral Contenders
- Zulu Seeks Skip Away Rebound
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- Arnold Believes Spiral is Good Spot for Convict Pike