California Gov. Jerry Brown has approved legislation that increases from 32 to 50 the limit on the daily number of imported races on which a racing association or fair simulcast facility in the state can accept wagers.
The California State Fair board plans to swap its Thoroughbred meet this summer for harness racing.
The 11-race program at Cal Expo was canceled on Friday after jockeys decided the course was unsafe due to overnight and morning rain.
Most Popular Stories
- Keeneland to Handle VinMar Dispersal
- BH 100: Rapping at Derby's Door
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Infographic: All Time Leading Earners 2016
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp
- Tepin Fires Bullet on Oklahoma Training Track
- Too Much Bling Yearlings Top Texas Sale
- PA-Breds, Cathryn Sophia Head Parx Program
- Cavorting to Distaff, Mohaymen Gets Time Off
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November