California Gov. Jerry Brown has approved legislation that increases from 32 to 50 the limit on the daily number of imported races on which a racing association or fair simulcast facility in the state can accept wagers.
The California State Fair board plans to swap its Thoroughbred meet this summer for harness racing.
The 11-race program at Cal Expo was canceled on Friday after jockeys decided the course was unsafe due to overnight and morning rain.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- Dept. of Labor Files Suit Against Asmussen
- Bill Lets New York OTBs Use Capital Funds
- British Steeplechaser Kauto Star Euthanized
- Zindaya Stretches Out in Perfect Sting Stakes
- Crown Champ American Pharoah Returns to Work
- E Dubai Filly Top Pick at MD Yearling Show
- Presque Isle Asks State for Guidance on Deer
- Casse Eyes Second Straight Queen's Plate Win
- Normandy Invasion Set to Return at Delaware