California Gov. Jerry Brown has approved legislation that increases from 32 to 50 the limit on the daily number of imported races on which a racing association or fair simulcast facility in the state can accept wagers.
The California State Fair board plans to swap its Thoroughbred meet this summer for harness racing.
The 11-race program at Cal Expo was canceled on Friday after jockeys decided the course was unsafe due to overnight and morning rain.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Travers Stakes: High Anxiety
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- Violette Undecided on Travers for Upstart
- Keeneland Plans for Sale Activity During BC
- Illinois Vote Could Impact Thoroughbred Dates
- TTA to Conduct 2-Year-Old Sale in April
- Stellar Wind Tops Torrey Pines Field
- Making a Case for Transparency