Typhoon Hub, a tote services company based in Sydney, Australia, announced that it commenced commingling with the Hong Kong Jockey Club Horse Race Betting Limited March 16.
Australians Kevin and Colleen Bamford and American David Bernsen have purchased a substantial interest of recent Hollywood Derby (gr. IT) winner Unbridled Command and plan to race in Australia's Cox Plate in October.
- By Tom LaMarra
Proponents of computer-assisted wagering sought Sept. 21 to dispel what they say are misconceptions -- and they also offered some advice to the struggling pari-mutuel industry.
The 18th International Simulcast Conference in Clearwater Beach, Fla., will feature discussion among representatives of some of the North American pari-mutuel industry's largest computer players.
American distance specialist Tacit Agreement, a winner of three straight stakes races at Calder in his last three starts by more than 31 combined lengths, has been purchased privately and will ship to Australia to prepare for the 2007 US$4.2 million Melbourne Cup (Aus-I) on Nov. 6.
For the first time in racing history, an American racehorse, Honor In War, is coming to Australia to contest the W.S. Cox Plate (Aus-I) on Oct. 28 at Moonee Valley in Victoria.
Grade I-winning turf miler Nothing to Lose has been purchased for stallion duty by Walter Alteri's Newlands Thoroughbreds from Ken and Sarah Ramsey.
Grade II winner Mud Route has been purchased by David Bernsen's Carondelet Farm, but will remain at stud at Rick Taylor's Special T Thoroughbreds near Temecula, Calif.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Unlocking Winners Kentucky Derby 142 Analysis
- Repole Returns With Outwork for Uncle Mo
- Nancy From Nairobi Wins Royal Heroine
- Beholder to Make 2016 Debut in Adoration
- Big Blue Kitten Heads Woodford Turf Classic
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence