Whether any Thoroughbred racing is held this year at New York's Finger Lakes racetrack could be decided in a key meeting the evening of Feb. 27 by the board of directors of the track's horsemen.
Penn National Race Course has released its 2014 stakes schedule and live racing calendar, following approval by the Pennsylvania State Horse Racing Commission at its Dec. 12 meeting.
The 14 Breeders' Cup World Championship races Nov. 1-2 highlight the 27 graded stakes carded for the 24-day Santa Anita Park fall meet that begins Sept. 27.
SunRay Park Racetrack has announced its Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse stakes schedule for its 42-day meet, which begins April 20.
Florida's three Thoroughbred tracks have made their preliminary filings for 2010-2011 race dates, and all have announced plans to run schedules almost identical to their current or recent meets.
The Illinois Racing Board decided late Jan. 5 that Fairmount Park will race only three days in 2010 because of a dispute with union employees.
Live racing will be offered for 220 days in Maryland next year. The Maryland Racing Commission recently approved the the Maryland Jockey Club's schedule.
Racing fans in New Jersey could have more to cheer about in 2002, that is if Meadowlands and Monmouth Park are granted the 141 Thoroughbred dates requested for next year.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Willy North Returns to Sales Scene at Fasig-Tipton
- Unique Bella Tops Roster of 109 Kentucky Oaks Nominees
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Canadian Racing Channel HPItv to Remain on the Air