Jockey Corey Nakatani and Macho Macho let Louisiana Derby winner (gr. I) Hero of Order do the dirty work wearing out 3-5 favorite Hansen in the $750,000 West Virginia Derby (gr. II), then rolled to victory Aug. 4.
Daddy Nose Best, getting a great ground-saving trip from Julien Leparoux, won an all-out duel with Lucky Chappy to capture the $200,000 El Camino Real Derby (gr. III) by a nostril at Golden Gate Fields Feb. 18.
Archarcharch and Nehro, first and second, respectively in the $1 million Arkansas Derby April 16, are both destined for the 2011 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) May 7, according to their connections.
It was indeed big drama in the $750,000 West Virginia Derby (gr. II) at Mountaineer Casino, Racetrack & Resort on Aug. 1, but if the odds board was any indication, it was an unexpected result.
Most Popular Stories
- Isabella Sings First Winner for Eskendereya
- Social Inclusion Breezes for Haskell
- Heerman Shaped Today's Thoroughbred Sales
- Del Mar's Paddock Sale to be Held July 20
- Empire Dreams Stretches Out in New York Derby
- That Handicapping Show: Delaware Handicap
- Delaware Park, Horsemen Extend Contract
- Uniform Drug Program Picking Up Support
- Blue Horse Charities Merging Efforts with TAA
- Jockey Morales Posts 1,000th Career Victory