Whispering Oaks Farm's Street Story easily went by favored Spring Included to take the $100,000 Winning Colors Stakes (gr. III) May 25 at Churchill Downs.
Winchell Thoroughbreds' Tapiture overcame a troubled trip and a lost shoe to gamely defeat a determined Candy Boy at the wire in the $750,000 West Virginia Derby (gr. II) at Mountaineer Casino, Racetrack & Resort Aug. 2.
Longines Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) winner Untapable, a perfect four-for-four in 2014, on July 21 put in her final breeze for the $1 million William Hill Haskell Invitational (gr. I).
Jockey Corey Nakatani and Macho Macho let Louisiana Derby winner (gr. I) Hero of Order do the dirty work wearing out 3-5 favorite Hansen in the $750,000 West Virginia Derby (gr. II), then rolled to victory Aug. 4.
Daddy Nose Best, getting a great ground-saving trip from Julien Leparoux, won an all-out duel with Lucky Chappy to capture the $200,000 El Camino Real Derby (gr. III) by a nostril at Golden Gate Fields Feb. 18.
Archarcharch and Nehro, first and second, respectively in the $1 million Arkansas Derby April 16, are both destined for the 2011 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) May 7, according to their connections.
It was indeed big drama in the $750,000 West Virginia Derby (gr. II) at Mountaineer Casino, Racetrack & Resort on Aug. 1, but if the odds board was any indication, it was an unexpected result.
Most Popular Stories
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Mor Spirit Move Pleases Baffert, Stevens
- Creator Turns in Final Kentucky Derby Breeze
- Gun Runner Wraps Up Major Pre-Derby Work
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Breeder Lucy Bassett Dies at 87
- Asmussen Breezes Four Oaks Hopefuls
- Nyquist Top 3YO in Final Pre-Derby NTRA Poll
- Ohio Steps Up in American Stakes
- Hermann Named Golden Gate Announcer