Owner Darren Dance comments on the Melbourne Cup following the post position draw.
Darren Dance, owner of Dandino, talks about his horse for the Caulfield Cup. watch video
Last year, Marco Botti saddled Jakkalberry to take the inaugural edition of the 1 11/16-mile turf event. This year, he repeated with 4-5 favorite Dandino, a 6-year-old Dansili runner owned by Australian Thoroughbred Racing.
Jakkalberry, no stranger to travel, made his United States debut a winning one in the first running of the $400,000 American St. Leger Stakes at Arlington Park Aug. 18.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Lightstream Rallies to Win Raven Run
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Hoppertunity, Melatonin Breeze for Classic
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate
- Monarchos' Greatness Was Cut Way Too Short
- Admirals War Chest Repeats MD Million Classic
- Champion Tepin Works at Churchill Downs