Owner Darren Dance comments on the Melbourne Cup following the post position draw.
Darren Dance, owner of Dandino, talks about his horse for the Caulfield Cup. watch video
Last year, Marco Botti saddled Jakkalberry to take the inaugural edition of the 1 11/16-mile turf event. This year, he repeated with 4-5 favorite Dandino, a 6-year-old Dansili runner owned by Australian Thoroughbred Racing.
Jakkalberry, no stranger to travel, made his United States debut a winning one in the first running of the $400,000 American St. Leger Stakes at Arlington Park Aug. 18.
Most Popular Stories
- Look Back: Bernardini's Dandy Score at Saratoga
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Paulassilverlining Shows Her Mettle in Honorable Miss
- Curlin Road Wears Down Hard Aces in Cougar II
- Drefong Set for 2017 Debut in Bing Crosby
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset