Owner Darren Dance comments on the Melbourne Cup following the post position draw.
Darren Dance, owner of Dandino, talks about his horse for the Caulfield Cup. watch video
Last year, Marco Botti saddled Jakkalberry to take the inaugural edition of the 1 11/16-mile turf event. This year, he repeated with 4-5 favorite Dandino, a 6-year-old Dansili runner owned by Australian Thoroughbred Racing.
Jakkalberry, no stranger to travel, made his United States debut a winning one in the first running of the $400,000 American St. Leger Stakes at Arlington Park Aug. 18.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Runhappy in Final Drill for Return
- 'Chrome' Logs Final Work for Awesome Again
- Accelerate Finds Just Enough in Los Al Derby
- Miyadi Arrested After Altercation With Solis
- Lexie Lou Officially Retired
- Senor Guitar First Winner for Star Guitar
- Deeply Undervalued Wins Commonwealth Derby
- Brave Anna Upsets Cheveley Park Stakes