Darren Dance, owner of Dandino, talks about his horse for the Caulfield Cup. watch video
Last year, Marco Botti saddled Jakkalberry to take the inaugural edition of the 1 11/16-mile turf event. This year, he repeated with 4-5 favorite Dandino, a 6-year-old Dansili runner owned by Australian Thoroughbred Racing.
Jakkalberry, no stranger to travel, made his United States debut a winning one in the first running of the $400,000 American St. Leger Stakes at Arlington Park Aug. 18.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Full Field of 14 Contest Wide-Open Modesty
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California
- Hialeah Sees New Thoroughbred Opportunity
- Princess of Sylmar Seeks Del 'Cap Rebound
- Sky Lantern Takes Second Crack at Falmouth
- Panel: Change in Culture Needed in Racing
- Boisterous Holds Class Edge in Bowling Green
- Stars and Stripes Good Spot for Suntracer
- Admiral Kitten Back at Arlington Park