Last on the turn for home, Tell a Kelly swept to an eye-catching victory in the $250,000 Darley Debutante (gr. I) at Del Mar Sept. 4 in her first try against winners.
Fresh off an eye-catching win in her bow at Del Mar last month, the Richard Mandella-trained Avid jumps right into the deep end of the pool in the $250,000 Darley Debutante (gr. I) at the seaside track Sept. 4.
It was no dream trip for Mi Sueno, but the even-money favorite's talent won out in the $300,000 Darley Debutante (gr. I) at Del Mar Sept. 5.
Mi Sueno, who left odds-on choice Necessary Evil far behind when she captured the Sorrento Stakes (gr. III) one month ago, headlines a field of 10 2-year-old fillies in the $300,000 Darley Debutante Stakes (gr. I) at Del Mar Sept. 5.
Necessary Evil, who ran away from her four male rivals in last month's Hollywood Juvenile Championship (gr. III), is back with her own sex for the $150,000 Sorrento Stakes (gr. III) at Del Mar Aug. 7.
The $1-million, grade I Pacific Classic will be repositioned to Labor Day weekend as the highlight of the 70th season of racing at Del Mar Thoroughbred Club, which will offer 31 stakes with purses totaling nearly $7 million. The meet begins Wednesday, July 22 and runs through Wednesday, Sept. 9.
Del Mar Thoroughbred Club and Darley have announced a partnership starting in 2009 highlighted by the renaming of the Del Mar Debutante (gr. I) as the Darley Debutante.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Gets First Look at Churchill Downs
- Minding Leads Sweep in One Thousand Guineas
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Maurice, Chautauqua Victorious in Hong Kong
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas