Front-running Plum Pretty left favored It's Tricky far behind in the $750,000 Cotillion Stakes (gr. II) Oct. 1 at Philadelphia's Parx Racing, earning her first victory since the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) in the spring.
It drew only six, but the lucrative Cotillion Stakes (gr. II) from Parx Racing lured three of the top-ranked sophomore fillies in the nation -- each of them grade I winners.
St. John's River may not have a stakes win under her belt like the majority of her rivals in the July 9 Delaware Oaks (gr. II), but considering her recent hard trying efforts, she appears ready for a major triumph.
Most Popular Stories
- The Great War No Longer Pursuing Derby
- Far From Over Interest Sold, Wood Next
- Cavalryman Dies After Injury at Meydan
- French Group I Winner Creator Dies at 29
- Laurel Park Cancels Sunday, March 1 Racing
- Gulfstream Park Cancels Card in Deluge
- Royal Son Easily Captures Battaglia Memorial
- Stellar Wind Sails to Santa Ysabel Victory
- Rodriguez Suspended, Fined for Positives
- Avila Defiant in Face of Suspension