Front-running Plum Pretty left favored It's Tricky far behind in the $750,000 Cotillion Stakes (gr. II) Oct. 1 at Philadelphia's Parx Racing, earning her first victory since the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) in the spring.
It drew only six, but the lucrative Cotillion Stakes (gr. II) from Parx Racing lured three of the top-ranked sophomore fillies in the nation -- each of them grade I winners.
St. John's River may not have a stakes win under her belt like the majority of her rivals in the July 9 Delaware Oaks (gr. II), but considering her recent hard trying efforts, she appears ready for a major triumph.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Agree to Deal to Keep Track Open
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Unique Bella Tops Roster of 109 Kentucky Oaks Nominees
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Looking East, to Far East, for Classic Starters