Front-running Plum Pretty left favored It's Tricky far behind in the $750,000 Cotillion Stakes (gr. II) Oct. 1 at Philadelphia's Parx Racing, earning her first victory since the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) in the spring.
It drew only six, but the lucrative Cotillion Stakes (gr. II) from Parx Racing lured three of the top-ranked sophomore fillies in the nation -- each of them grade I winners.
St. John's River may not have a stakes win under her belt like the majority of her rivals in the July 9 Delaware Oaks (gr. II), but considering her recent hard trying efforts, she appears ready for a major triumph.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Inside the Magical Kingdom of Ballydoyle
- Positive Start to Fasig-Tipton October Sale
- Harzand to Aga Khan’s Gilltown Stud