Front-running Plum Pretty left favored It's Tricky far behind in the $750,000 Cotillion Stakes (gr. II) Oct. 1 at Philadelphia's Parx Racing, earning her first victory since the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) in the spring.
It drew only six, but the lucrative Cotillion Stakes (gr. II) from Parx Racing lured three of the top-ranked sophomore fillies in the nation -- each of them grade I winners.
St. John's River may not have a stakes win under her belt like the majority of her rivals in the July 9 Delaware Oaks (gr. II), but considering her recent hard trying efforts, she appears ready for a major triumph.
Most Popular Stories
- Gainesway's Tapizar Has First Winner
- Pegasus World Cup: A Jolt of Reality
- Suddenbreakingnews Works, Bound for Belmont
- Champs Meet Again in Nassau
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Miller Promoted at Millennium Farms
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Barretts Sale Features Wide Selection
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware