Under a heady ride from jockey Johnathon Parkes, Julinsky Prince got the second group I win of his career in the Captain Cook Stakes Dec. 5 at Trentham.
Top-ranked New Zealand jockey Matthew Cameron added the New Zealand One Thousand Guineas (NZ-I) to his record Nov. 14 when bringing Risque from far back for victory at Riccarton Park.
Philip Vela, an influential figure in the New Zealand Thoroughbred industry, died April 18 surrounded by family at his home in Te Kowhai.
Jockey Mark Du Plessis scored a group I double Jan. 18 at Trentham Racecourse when piloting Recite to victory in the Ocean Park Levin Classic (NZ-I) and Irish Fling to capture the J&N Berkitt Telegraph Handicap (NZ-I).
It certainly didn't come easily for him, but Singapore star Super Easy was able to hang on in the final strides to win the Singapore Guineas by a half-length at Kranji Racecourse May 18.
The many outstanding performances by Australian Thoroughbreds, both domestic and abroad, have been officially crowned in Australia. The 2006-2007 ANZ (Australia and New Zealand) Classifications were released, reflecting the best individual performances by Southern Hemisphere-bred horses in the past 12 months.
A son of Stravinsky was sold for US$906,000 during Monday's opening session of New Zealand National Yearling Sale to David Ellis.
During Tuesday's session of the New Zealand Premier Sale at Karaka, people were watching with polite interest at the yearling parade through the sale ring. That was until someone let off the fireworks, which started when the big chestnut filly by boom stallion Giant's Causeway entered the ring.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Agree to Deal to Keep Track Open
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Unique Bella Tops Roster of 109 Kentucky Oaks Nominees