Jockey Mark Du Plessis scored a group I double Jan. 18 at Trentham Racecourse when piloting Recite to victory in the Ocean Park Levin Classic (NZ-I) and Irish Fling to capture the J&N Berkitt Telegraph Handicap (NZ-I).
It certainly didn't come easily for him, but Singapore star Super Easy was able to hang on in the final strides to win the Singapore Guineas by a half-length at Kranji Racecourse May 18.
The many outstanding performances by Australian Thoroughbreds, both domestic and abroad, have been officially crowned in Australia. The 2006-2007 ANZ (Australia and New Zealand) Classifications were released, reflecting the best individual performances by Southern Hemisphere-bred horses in the past 12 months.
A son of Stravinsky was sold for US$906,000 during Monday's opening session of New Zealand National Yearling Sale to David Ellis.
During Tuesday's session of the New Zealand Premier Sale at Karaka, people were watching with polite interest at the yearling parade through the sale ring. That was until someone let off the fireworks, which started when the big chestnut filly by boom stallion Giant's Causeway entered the ring.
Most Popular Stories
- Belle Gallantey Steals Delaware Handicap
- Doinghardtimeagain Grinds Out Great Lady M.
- Empire Dreams Lands New York Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Ben's Cat
- The Pizza Man Gets Dough in Stars and Stripes
- Closing Divine Oath Snatches American Derby
- Shakin It Up Retired, To Stand at Spendthrift
- Arlington Lover I'm Already Sexy Aces Modesty
- Finnegans Wake Gets Nod in Arlington 'Cap
- Ben's Cat Claims Thrilling Parx Dash 3-Peat