Craig Williams, who steered the great Australian Miss Finland to over $4 million in prize money before sensationally and publicly sacked from riding her two weeks back, was smiling broadly half way down the stretch in the group I Futurity Stakes at Caulfield March 1.
Champion Australian sire Redoute's Choice will stand at a record Australian service fee of $300,000 plus GST this spring.
Eremein, a belated southern advertisement for his sire, Timber Country, took his earnings past $4 million (Australian funds) in winning the $800,000 Queen Elizabeth Stakes (Aust-I) at Randwick April 22.
It was somehow appropriate that Danehill sons sired the first three home in the Coolmore sponsored group I in Sydney, Australia March 5.
Vinery stallion Red Ransom gained a fine start to the new Australian season with the stunning if narrow victory of his southern marquee son, Charge Forward, in the San Domenico (Aust-II) at Randwick Aug. 7.
Danehill's final total in winning an unprecedented eighth general sires title by Australian earnings was $8,031,031 or $7,935,911 (both Australian funds), depending on the source.
Dance Hero (Danzero -- Gypsy Dancer), the wonder juvenile of last season, fresh from his Australian champion 2-year-old award Aug. 4 and Aug. 5 champion New South Wales title, steps out Saturday for his first racing assignment as a 3-year-old.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Twisted Tom Works Toward Belmont Stakes
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Galileo, Coolmore Dominate European Classics
- Souper Tapit Gets Graded Score in Marine Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner