Delta Downs, Japan, Del Mar, Churchill, Woodbine, Gulfstream Park West & More! view slideshow
Danon Shark came out on top in the Mile Championship Nov. 23 at Kyoto, earning his first group I win in stakes record time after a tooth-and-nail stretch battle with Fiero.
Yutaka Take became Japan's first jockey to win 100 grade or group I races when he guided Tosen Ra to victory in the Mile Championship (Jpn-I) Nov. 17 at Kyoto.
The $2,311,000 Yasuda Kinen (Jpn-I), the spring's defining race for milers in Japan, was won by elite sprinter Lord Kanaloa, trying the distance for the first time in nearly 2 1/2 years at Tokyo racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park
- Possible NYRA Plan Concerns Saratoga Group
- Exaggerator, Nyquist Set for Belmont Rematch