A former clocker at Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course has entered a plea agreement and is cooperating with prosecutors in connection with charges that he and two others defrauded the public.
Samuel Webb, one of three trainers and four people facing federal fraud charges following arrests in November at Penn National Race Course, had those charges dropped on June 5.
Pre-trial hearings have been set for three Penn National Race Course-based horsemen, and a clocker at the Grantville, Pa., track, who were arrested on federal charges Nov. 22.
Three trainers and a clocker based at Penn National Race Course were arrested Friday, Nov. 22 after a federal grand jury indicted them on fraud charges in connection with races and workouts at the Grantville, Pa. track.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- G. G. Ryder Wins All American in Blanket Finish
- Weekend Hideaway Repeats in Commentator
- Gun Runner Breezes for Stephen Foster
- Connections Plan Breeders' Cup Trip for Top Casablanca
- Fourstar Crook Continues Turf Win Streak
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Rey de Oro wins Japanese Derby
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham