Asserting Bear, shifted from turf to Polytrack for the first time by trainer Reade Baker, surprised the field with his initial stakes win in the $239,476 Coronation Futurity for 2-year-olds Nov. 17 at Woodbine.
Sparked by a bidding war, a chestnut colt by English Channel sold for $275,000 to top the second session of the Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society (Ontario) selected yearling sale.
A strong second select session at the Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society's yearling sale of Canadian-bred youngsters at Woodbine helped spur an 11% jump in average price from 2010.
A colt by Canada's perennial leading sire Bold Executive topped the first session of the Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society's Canadian-bred yearling sale Sept. 5 at the Woodbine sales pavilion.
Bear Tough Guy outfought Korvette Kid over the long Woodbine stretch to register a neck victory in the $197,149 Grey Stakes (Can-III) for 2-year-olds Oct. 11.
Danny Dion's Bear Stables named Canada's owner of the year - his Fatal Bullet Horse of the Year at Dec. 12 Sovereign Awards.
Bear Stables' Fatal Bullet left no questions unanswered Sept. 27 with an authoritative track-record victory in the $100,000 Kentucky Cup Sprint (gr. III) for 3-year-olds at Turfway Park and appears headed to the Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) at Santa Anita Park.
With this year's edition of the Preakness Stakes (gr. I) in the record books, the focus of the Maryland Thoroughbred industry turned to selling horses Monday. A strapping Chief Seattle colt was the standout, bringing $350,000 to top the opening session of the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic preferred sale of 2-year-olds in training at Timonium.
Outsider Bear Now captured Woodbine's CAN$262,800 Selene Stakes (Can-III) for 3-year-old fillies with a track record performance on Sunday.
Half a Year, who was an English champion miler, was euthanized this summer due to complications from colic.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Z Capital Partners Purchases Parent Company of DRF
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- San Pablo's First Winner Scores at Finger Lakes
- Anthony's Cross Gets First Winner in Indiana