A federal judge has dismissed a lawsuit filed by trainer Rick Dutrow Jr. against the New York State Gaming Commission, the Association of Racing Commissioners International, and two New York regulators.
Suspended trainer Rick Dutrow Jr. has filed a federal lawsuit that argues the Association of Racing Commissioners overstepped its bounds when it encouraged New York regulators to review his license.
New York regulators revoked Rick Dutrow's license for at least 10 years and fined him $50,000 for what they said has been a pattern of rules violations by the controversial trainer.
New York is joining other states in cracking down on steroid use in horse racing, state regulators announced Oct. 14.
- By Tom Precious
The new top regulator of racing in New York state offered a tough assessment of an industry he says is in decline in many ways because of its own doing.
A new top racing industry regulator is poised to be confirmed by New York lawmakers Aug. 8 when the state Senate returns for a one-day session.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Breeders' Cup Race Order, Wagering Options
- Beholder, 'Lord' Likely to Retire After BC
- Drosselmeyer to Remain in Brazil
- Noble Bird Heads Field of Eight in Fayette
- Forever Unbridled, Tom's Ready Work for BC
- Despite Challenges, Gulfstream West Steady
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Nine Supplemented to Fasig-Tipton November