Suspended trainer Rick Dutrow Jr. has filed a federal lawsuit that argues the Association of Racing Commissioners overstepped its bounds when it encouraged New York regulators to review his license.
New York regulators revoked Rick Dutrow's license for at least 10 years and fined him $50,000 for what they said has been a pattern of rules violations by the controversial trainer.
New York is joining other states in cracking down on steroid use in horse racing, state regulators announced Oct. 14.
The new top regulator of racing in New York state offered a tough assessment of an industry he says is in decline in many ways because of its own doing.
A new top racing industry regulator is poised to be confirmed by New York lawmakers Aug. 8 when the state Senate returns for a one-day session.
Most Popular Stories
- Belle Gallantey Steals Delaware Handicap
- Featured Horse Profile: Ben's Cat
- Empire Dreams Lands New York Derby
- Doinghardtimeagain Grinds Out Great Lady M.
- The Pizza Man Gets Dough in Stars and Stripes
- Closing Divine Oath Snatches American Derby
- Shakin It Up Retired, To Stand at Spendthrift
- Arlington Lover I'm Already Sexy Aces Modesty
- Finnegans Wake Gets Nod in Arlington 'Cap
- Ben's Cat Claims Thrilling Parx Dash 3-Peat