A federal judge has dismissed a lawsuit filed by trainer Rick Dutrow Jr. against the New York State Gaming Commission, the Association of Racing Commissioners International, and two New York regulators.
Suspended trainer Rick Dutrow Jr. has filed a federal lawsuit that argues the Association of Racing Commissioners overstepped its bounds when it encouraged New York regulators to review his license.
New York regulators revoked Rick Dutrow's license for at least 10 years and fined him $50,000 for what they said has been a pattern of rules violations by the controversial trainer.
New York is joining other states in cracking down on steroid use in horse racing, state regulators announced Oct. 14.
- By Tom Precious
The new top regulator of racing in New York state offered a tough assessment of an industry he says is in decline in many ways because of its own doing.
A new top racing industry regulator is poised to be confirmed by New York lawmakers Aug. 8 when the state Senate returns for a one-day session.
Most Popular Stories
- Mor Spirit Move Pleases Baffert, Stevens
- Creator Turns in Final Kentucky Derby Breeze
- Gun Runner Wraps Up Major Pre-Derby Work
- Carina Mia Breezes at Churchill Downs
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Hermann Named Golden Gate Announcer
- Coil's First Starter Wins in California
- Papa John's Again Partners With TAA
- Suddenbreakingnews to Have New Look in Derby
- Jaramillo Named to Ride Majesto in Derby