The only stakes on the May 3 card to draw a maximum 14-horse field was not the Kentucky Oaks. It was another race for 3-year-old fillies, the Eight Belles Presented by Xerox (gr. III), with undefeated Calistoga favored.
Demoiselle Stakes (gr. II) victress Unlimited Budget has been pegged the 5-2 morning line favorite for the $200,000 Rachel Alexandra Stakes (gr. III) at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots Feb. 23, in her season debut.
Believe You Can is likely to make her next appearance in the March 9 New Orleans Ladies Stakes while stablemate Mark Valeski will aim for the Mineshaft Handicap, and other Larry Jones contenders are on the move.
Dolphus Morrison's homebred Gold Edge remained unbeaten in three starts when she inched by La Song in the final yards to win the $150,000 Arlington-Washington Lassie Stakes (gr. III) by a neck Sept. 8 at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Coolmore Lexington: A Prep in Its Prime
- Bejarano Picks Up Derby Mount on Wildcat Red
- Takeout Just One Symptom of the Disease
- Divine Oath Heads Coolmore Lexington
- Champion Producer My Flag Dies at Claiborne
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 4/14/2014
- Blue Grass Runner-Up Medal Count Derby Bound
- Haskin: Art Sherman, Dave Erb 'Swap' Stories