The only stakes on the May 3 card to draw a maximum 14-horse field was not the Kentucky Oaks. It was another race for 3-year-old fillies, the Eight Belles Presented by Xerox (gr. III), with undefeated Calistoga favored.
Demoiselle Stakes (gr. II) victress Unlimited Budget has been pegged the 5-2 morning line favorite for the $200,000 Rachel Alexandra Stakes (gr. III) at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots Feb. 23, in her season debut.
Believe You Can is likely to make her next appearance in the March 9 New Orleans Ladies Stakes while stablemate Mark Valeski will aim for the Mineshaft Handicap, and other Larry Jones contenders are on the move.
Dolphus Morrison's homebred Gold Edge remained unbeaten in three starts when she inched by La Song in the final yards to win the $150,000 Arlington-Washington Lassie Stakes (gr. III) by a neck Sept. 8 at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- Fair Eva First Stakes Winner for Frankel
- Highland Reel Leads Every Step in King George
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires