An overflow of 24 sophomore fillies passed the entry box for the $125,000 Pin Oak Valley View (gr. IIIT), forcing Keeneland officials to split the Oct. 19 running of the race into divisions for the second time in history.
Owner Martin S. Schwartz's eye for a good horse has led him to Samitar, who bears watching in the $200,000 Lake George Stakes (gr. IIT) at 1 1/16 miles for 3-year-old fillies on turf at Saratoga July 25.
Dancing Solo earned her second stakes win in a row on the Monmouth Park turf with a sharp effort in the $103,000 Boiling Springs Stakes(gr. IIIT) June 23.
Grade III winner Somali Lemonade seeks a return to form as she makes her first start over the Monmouth Park turf in the $100,000 Boiling Spring Stakes (gr. IIIT) June 23.
Newtown Anner Stud's More Than Love will carry top weight and figures the one to beat in the $100,000 Bourbonette Oaks (gr. III) March 22 at Turfway Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- NYSGC Suspends Jockey Agent Gonzalez for 10 Years
- Trainer Chad Brown Finally Lands His Knockout
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- American Lion Gelding, Overdriven Filly Top OBS Works
- Beautyinthepulpit to New York's Buckridge Farm
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work