An overflow of 24 sophomore fillies passed the entry box for the $125,000 Pin Oak Valley View (gr. IIIT), forcing Keeneland officials to split the Oct. 19 running of the race into divisions for the second time in history.
Owner Martin S. Schwartz's eye for a good horse has led him to Samitar, who bears watching in the $200,000 Lake George Stakes (gr. IIT) at 1 1/16 miles for 3-year-old fillies on turf at Saratoga July 25.
Dancing Solo earned her second stakes win in a row on the Monmouth Park turf with a sharp effort in the $103,000 Boiling Springs Stakes(gr. IIIT) June 23.
Grade III winner Somali Lemonade seeks a return to form as she makes her first start over the Monmouth Park turf in the $100,000 Boiling Spring Stakes (gr. IIIT) June 23.
Newtown Anner Stud's More Than Love will carry top weight and figures the one to beat in the $100,000 Bourbonette Oaks (gr. III) March 22 at Turfway Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Farrell Vaults to Top of Kentucky Oaks Leaderboard
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Yorkiepoo Princess Scores Again at Aqueduct
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Unified Edges Mind Your Biscuits in GP Sprint