Winning jockey Zac Purton's post-race exclamation, "Phenomenal!" perfectly summed up Military Attack's dominant win in the Singapore Airlines International Cup (Sin-I) May 19 at Kranji Racecourse.
Bering, a French classic winner who finished second to Dancing Brave in the 1986 Trusthouse Forte Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe, was euthanized Dec. 16 at the Head family's Haras du Quesnay near Normandy, France.
Shahrastani, who beat Dancing Brave in the 1986 Ever Ready Epsom Derby (Eng-I) and then took the Budweiser Irish Derby (Ire-I), was euthanized Dec. 6 because of complications from old age.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
Son of a Brazilian-bred stallion and a German mare, Animal Kingdom has perhaps the most international pedigree of any Kentucky Derby winner in history.
Shahrastani, who won the 1986 Ever Ready Derby Stakes (Eng-I) and the Budweiser Irish Derby (Ire-I), has been pensioned from stallion duty at Walton Fields Stud near Leicestershire, England.
Four European-based invaders will face five American-based Thoroughbreds in the 20th running of the Arlington Million (gr. I) at Arlington Park on Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Infinite Wisdom in Wide-Open Oceanport
- Lady Shipman Seeks Graded Win at Woodbine
- Lexie Lou Headlines Victoriana Stakes