Dan the Tin Man, game winner of the Jacques Cartier Stakes on opening weekend of the 2014 Woodbine season, returns to the Toronto track May 11 as the 125-pound highweight in the $150,000 Vigil Stakes (Can-III).
Two-time TVG King Edward Stakes (Can-IIT) winner Riding the River looks to rebound from an unsatisfactory finish, while Highlander Stakes (Can-III) victor Go Blue or Go Home switches surfaces in the Play the King Stakes.
Susan and Jim Hill take Woodbine's Highlander Stakes Presented by Pizzaville (Can-III) just two races after winning the Dance Smartly Stakes (Can-II) with Solid Appeal. Their Go Blue Or Go Home covers six furlongs in 1:10.46.
Ten juveniles seek their first stakes score in the $150,000 Display Stakes at Woodbine Dec. 1, including a few who have recently been knocking at the door. But the runner horsemen fear most is Avie's Quality.
Uncaptured remained unbeaten in four starts as a 2-year-old with a smart 3 1/4-length victory over three opponents in the $172,565 Swynford Stakes Sept. 9 at Woodbine.
Starlight Racing's Shanghai Bobby is the 2-1 morning line favorite for the Aug. 12 running of the $200,000 Saratoga Special (gr. II) at Saratoga Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Bal a Bali Vying for U.S. Score in American
- Pletcher Considers Preakness Stakes Options
- Princess Violet Tops Ruffian Stakes Entrants
- KHRC Vote on Salix Threshold Triggers Debate
- Beholder, Warren's Veneda Face Off in Vanity
- Unspurned Seeks Repeat Performance in Hendrie
- Wolf Man Rocket Ships in for Peter Pan Stakes
- NYRA to Cap Belmont Attendance at 90,000
- MarketWatch: Jamie Hill on Sires, Pinhooking
- Hardest Core in Man o' War vs. Imagining