Derby prep contenders Najjaar, My Adonis, Midnight Transfer, and I'll Have Another post timed workouts on the morning of March 30.
Arienza, a regally bred filly out of 2002 Horse of the Year Azeri, has been retired from racing and has been moved to Lexington with plans to be bred to a yet to be determined stallion.
Joyful Victory and Arienza headline a field of five for the $300,000 Fantasy Stakes (gr. II) April 10 at Oaklawn Park.
Steppenwolfer, the 7-2 morning line favorite for Saturday's $1-million Virginia Derby (gr. IIT) at Colonial Downs, has been scratched after spiking a fever.
With heavy rain and a wet track expected over the next couple of days, trainer Danny Peitz sent Robert and Lawana Low's Steppenwolfer to the training track for a quick six-furlong breeze Friday morning in preparation for the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) on June 10.
Saratoga Notebook: Classic Winners Missing, but Not Fans; Volponi Course Charted; Green Fee Out; No Marker for 'Dave
Funny Cide and Empire Maker may not have made it to the Travers Aug. 23, but the fans did. Several records were set at Saratoga Race Course in the process.
It's been almost four years since the last time, but Sunday at Fair Grounds, Green Fee will try to again post a win on the Stall-Wilson turf course.
Looking for a live longshot for the NetJets Breeders' Cup (gr. IT)? Look no further than Green Fee, who is listed at 50-1 on the morning line and was the last horse to draw into the 14-horse field.
Most Popular Stories
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer
- Harlan's Holiday Colt Posts Swiftest OBS Work
- Daring Dancer Wins Appalachian With Key Move
- Take Charge Lady Kentucky Broodmare of Year
- Strait of Mewsina Sires First Foal
- European Mark Smashed Again at Tattersalls
- Quality Road's First Starter Scores Easy Win
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Key Owners, Trainers to Publicize Vet Records
- Broodmare of the Year Take Charge Lady