Hong Kong raiders dominated Singapore's top races for the third straight year May 17 as Dan Excel repeated as winner of the Singapore Airlines International Cup (Sin-I) and Aerovelocity won the KrisFlyer Sprint (Sin-I).
Last year's winner, Dan Excel, drew the post 10 in a field of 11 for the May 17 Singapore Airlines International Cup (Sin-I) at Kranji, but trainer John Moore remains optimistic.
Able Friend maintained his supremacy in Hong Kong's mile division when he trounced rivals in the HK14 million Champions Mile (HK-I) May 3 at Sha Tin.
Dan Excel turned the tables on stablemate and last year's winner Military Attack and won the Singapore Airlines International Cup (Sin-I) in record time May 18 at Kranji Racecourse.
Trainer Mike de Kock is eyeing the Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) after his South African champion Variety Club dominated rivals in the Champions Mile (HK-I) May 4 at Sha Tin.
Winning jockey Zac Purton's post-race exclamation, "Phenomenal!" perfectly summed up Military Attack's dominant win in the Singapore Airlines International Cup (Sin-I) May 19 at Kranji Racecourse.
George Moore assistant trainer of Military Attack & Dan Excel both run in the Singapore Gold Cup and come off Group one wins in Hong Kong.
Former Irish classic starter Dan Excel narrowly edged pacesetter Helene Spirit after a spirited battle to the finish line in the HK$12 million Champions Mile (HK-I) May 5 at Sha Tin.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- Trainer Chad Brown Finally Lands His Knockout
- NYSGC Suspends Jockey Agent Gonzalez for 10 Years
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- American Lion Gelding, Overdriven Filly Top OBS Works
- Beautyinthepulpit to New York's Buckridge Farm
- After the Eclipse: Songbird at WinStar Part 2