Hong Kong raiders dominated Singapore's top races for the third straight year May 17 as Dan Excel repeated as winner of the Singapore Airlines International Cup (Sin-I) and Aerovelocity won the KrisFlyer Sprint (Sin-I).
Last year's winner, Dan Excel, drew the post 10 in a field of 11 for the May 17 Singapore Airlines International Cup (Sin-I) at Kranji, but trainer John Moore remains optimistic.
Able Friend maintained his supremacy in Hong Kong's mile division when he trounced rivals in the HK14 million Champions Mile (HK-I) May 3 at Sha Tin.
Dan Excel turned the tables on stablemate and last year's winner Military Attack and won the Singapore Airlines International Cup (Sin-I) in record time May 18 at Kranji Racecourse.
Trainer Mike de Kock is eyeing the Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) after his South African champion Variety Club dominated rivals in the Champions Mile (HK-I) May 4 at Sha Tin.
Winning jockey Zac Purton's post-race exclamation, "Phenomenal!" perfectly summed up Military Attack's dominant win in the Singapore Airlines International Cup (Sin-I) May 19 at Kranji Racecourse.
Former Irish classic starter Dan Excel narrowly edged pacesetter Helene Spirit after a spirited battle to the finish line in the HK$12 million Champions Mile (HK-I) May 5 at Sha Tin.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- Genuine Reward to Old Friends
- Crown Champ American Pharoah Returns to Work
- Delaware Park Latest Track to Boot Vazquez
- Presque Isle Alters Post Time to Combat Deer
- Dept. of Labor Files Suit Against Asmussen
- British Steeplechaser Kauto Star Euthanized
- Homecoming Classic Renamed to Honor Lukas
- Tough Field Drawn for Penny Memorial at Parx
- Summer Select Sales Guide: In the Details