A Big Brown -- Cool Ghoul colt that was the most expensive 2-year-old in training sold this year at public auction has been named Darwin.
A duo of juveniles who fetched high prices in the sale ring have garnered particular interest in the July 24 Sanford Stakes (gr. II) at Saratoga, where both are looking to prove they are worthy of such expensive investments.
Dagnabit won the $107,300 Tremont and Bold Union captured the $109,500 Astoria in a pair of stakes for 2-year-olds at Belmont Stakes June 29.
Most Popular Stories
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Jose Ortiz Rides Five Winners at Aqueduct
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- Doctor J Dub Breakthrough Horse for Antonucci
- CHRB Medication Rule Modifications for 2017
- Gulfstream Set for Historic Championship Meet