A Big Brown -- Cool Ghoul colt that was the most expensive 2-year-old in training sold this year at public auction has been named Darwin.
A duo of juveniles who fetched high prices in the sale ring have garnered particular interest in the July 24 Sanford Stakes (gr. II) at Saratoga, where both are looking to prove they are worthy of such expensive investments.
Dagnabit won the $107,300 Tremont and Bold Union captured the $109,500 Astoria in a pair of stakes for 2-year-olds at Belmont Stakes June 29.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- Pan American Conference Draws a Crowd
- Sun and Warmer Temps Forecast for Belmont Day
- NYRA Chairman Bonomo Takes Leave of Absence
- Lenny's Place: Belmont Stakes Episode
- Stewart 'Feeling Good' About Tale of Verve
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- De Kock Says American Pharoah a 'Super Horse'
- Sherman Reflects on Belmont Past and Present