A few new changes will highlight the 2005 Ellis Park meeting, which begins July 13 and concludes with a special Labor Day program Sept. 5. The track will feature ten events with $850,000 in total purses and add a special day of racing with four stakes races highlighted by the 24th running of the track's signature event, the $150,000-added Gardenia Handicap (gr. III).
Prior to May Gator's 1 1/4-length victory on Saturday in Ellis Park's $75,000 Dade Turf Classic, trainer Steve Flint gave jockey Jesus Castanon one ultimatum.
Ellis Park will institute a 5% reduction in all overnight purses, including all Kentucky Thoroughbred Development Fund supplements, beginning July 28 for the duration of the 54-day meeting.
Most Popular Stories
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- NJ-Bred Chublicious Captures Mr. Prospector
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Mid-Year Look at the BC Classic
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- Marialite Upsets Favorites at Hanshin