Sam-Son Farms' homebred Eye of the Leopard came five-wide into the lane and ran down Southdale in the final strides to win the $152,000 Plate Trial Stakes by a neck May 31 at Woodbine.
Sprint sensation Silent Witness, who is a perfect 14-for-14 and was 2004 Horse of the Year in Hong Kong, will soon have his own Web site. The Hong Kong Jockey Club will launch the site Feb. 26 to honor the horse that Time magazine voted as one of the "people" that mattered most in 2004.
National hero Silent Witness, unbeaten in seven starts, proved he belongs among the best sprinters in the world as he roared past South African champion National Currency to win the Hong Kong Sprint (HK-I). The 1,000-meter race (five furlongs) was the second of four international races held at Sha Tin Racecourse on Sunday afternoon.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night