Sam-Son Farms' homebred Eye of the Leopard came five-wide into the lane and ran down Southdale in the final strides to win the $152,000 Plate Trial Stakes by a neck May 31 at Woodbine.
Sprint sensation Silent Witness, who is a perfect 14-for-14 and was 2004 Horse of the Year in Hong Kong, will soon have his own Web site. The Hong Kong Jockey Club will launch the site Feb. 26 to honor the horse that Time magazine voted as one of the "people" that mattered most in 2004.
National hero Silent Witness, unbeaten in seven starts, proved he belongs among the best sprinters in the world as he roared past South African champion National Currency to win the Hong Kong Sprint (HK-I). The 1,000-meter race (five furlongs) was the second of four international races held at Sha Tin Racecourse on Sunday afternoon.
Most Popular Stories
- Strut the Course Edges Favorite at Woodbine
- Nutan Easy Winner of German Derby
- Favorites Dominate on Louisiana Legends Night
- Jockey Gonzalez Posts Career Victory 3,000
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Gimme Da Lute Holds On in Los Alamitos Derby
- Effinex Outlasts Tonalist at Wire in Suburban
- Force the Pass Brilliant in Belmont Derby
- U.S. Pari-Mutuel Handle Down Slightly in June