Sam-Son Farms' homebred Eye of the Leopard came five-wide into the lane and ran down Southdale in the final strides to win the $152,000 Plate Trial Stakes by a neck May 31 at Woodbine.
Sprint sensation Silent Witness, who is a perfect 14-for-14 and was 2004 Horse of the Year in Hong Kong, will soon have his own Web site. The Hong Kong Jockey Club will launch the site Feb. 26 to honor the horse that Time magazine voted as one of the "people" that mattered most in 2004.
National hero Silent Witness, unbeaten in seven starts, proved he belongs among the best sprinters in the world as he roared past South African champion National Currency to win the Hong Kong Sprint (HK-I). The 1,000-meter race (five furlongs) was the second of four international races held at Sha Tin Racecourse on Sunday afternoon.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Farrell Vaults to Top of Kentucky Oaks Leaderboard
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Yorkiepoo Princess Scores Again at Aqueduct
- Unified Edges Mind Your Biscuits in GP Sprint
- Honorable Duty Holds Strong in Mineshaft Handicap
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91