Grade I winner looking for the winner's circle after poor showing last time out.
Cyclometer, owned and bred by trainer Bruce Headley and Irwin and Andrew Molasky, made short work of two other foes in a scratch-marred $92,000 Los Angeles Handicap (gr. III) at Santa Anita Park May 26.
Out of action since the 2013 Santa Anita Derby (gr. I), Super Ninety Nine is to make his return for trainer Bob Baffert in the $100,000 Los Angeles Handicap (gr. III) against four opponents at Santa Anita on Memorial Day.
Big Macher prevailed in a thrilling finish to the $200,00 Potrero Grande Stakes (gr. II) April 12 at Santa Anita Park, denying 7-5 favorite Wild Dude by a nose for his first graded stakes win.
Top sprinter Wild Dude heads a competitive field of eight older horses as he seeks to rebound in the $200,000 Potrero Grande Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita Park April 12.
Big Macher, always traveling well in his stakes debut in the $125,000 Donald Valpredo California Cup Sprint, took command nearing the furlong mark and won comfortably Jan. 25 at Santa Anita Park.
Summer Hit is the clear standout in a field of 14 entered for the $250,000 California Cup Turf Classic, one of three races for older horses included in the Sunshine Millions/California Cup lineup Jan. 25 at Santa Anita Park.
One of the better sprints of the 2013 season is on tap in the $250,000 Triple Bend Handicap (gr. I) June 29 at Betfair Hollywood Park, featuring defending champ Camp Victory, Comma to the Top, and Jimmy Creed.
Most Popular Stories
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Satono Crown Surges to Victory in Takarazuka Kinen
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup