Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) victress Princess of Sylmar and Unlimited Budget, who recently ran sixth in the June 8 Belmont Stakes (gr. I), top a quality field of five for the $300,000 TVG Coaching Club American Oaks (gr. I).
Grade II winner Kauai Katie will stretch out to take on Longines Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) also-rans Midnight Lucky and Close Hatches while those two turn back in distance in the $300,000 Acorn Stakes (gr. I) May 27 at Belmont.
Stonestreet Stables' homebred Dreaming of Julia left her connections dreaming of victory in the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) when she devastated the $300,000 Gulfstream Oaks (gr. II) March 30 at Gulfstream Park by 21 3/4 lengths.
She couldn't catch Live Lively in her seasonal debut five weeks earlier, but Dreaming of Julia figures to be much tighter for their next engagement in the $300,000 Gulfstream Park Oaks (gr. II) March 30 at Gulfstream Park.
In a juvenile filly stakes worthy of Breeders' Cup weekend, My Happy Face nipped Cue the Moon by a neck in the $142,500 Tempted (gr. III) at Aqueduct Racetrack Nov. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Royal Ascot Journey Confirmed for Tepin
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag