James 'J.J.' Crupi uses training experience to buy and sell bloodstock Download Now
Topped by $6 million Take Charge Brandi and a record $3.2 million War Front--Take Charge Lady filly in Book 1, Keeneland's November breeding stock sale ended Nov. 13 with gross and average up but a 14.3% decline in median.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. August yearling sale closed out its three-day run Aug.27 with another steady day of trading in the second of two open sessions.
Judging by the final results of Fasig-Tipton's Florida sale of 2-year-olds in training at Gulfstream Park March 4, the sales company's decision to return its select offering to South Florida was clearly a winning one.
Son of Scat Daddy's two wins, including the Willard Proctor Memorial Stakes, puts him atop the field for the $150,000 Hollywood Juvenile Championship (gr. III). The six-furlong event goes as the second race July 14.
Grade I winner and millionaire Macho Again has been retired from racing and is in the process of being sold to a Venezuelan farm.
Zensational, the first horse to win three consecutive grade I sprint stakes, has arrived at John Sikura's Hill 'n' Dale Farms near Lexington to stand the 2010 breeding season.
The Fasig-Tipton Midlantic preferred sale of 2-year-olds in training finished Tuesday with downturns of 6.6% in the number of horses sold and 19.2% in gross revenue from 2007.
A Repent colt was the fastest worker at an eighth of a mile May 15 during the second session of the under tack show for the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic preferred sale of 2-year-olds in training at Timonium in Maryland.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- American Freedom Clear Winner in Iowa Derby
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- As Borell Released, Cruelty Laws Questioned
- Top Caribbean Race to Be Held at Gulfstream
- Melmich Victorious in Dominion Day
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- The Paralyzed Jockey Who's Still in the Race
- Globetrotting Tepin Preps for Saratoga Ship