The Kentucky Derby Museum announced Friday that it has acquired the 1970 Kentucky Derby trophy presented to the owners of Dust Commander after the running of the 96th classic on May 2, 1970.
Famous faces will be aplenty in Louisville as the Derby nears, but former NBA player Bobby Hurley will be a familiar one by Saturday. Monday morning he was stationed outside Songandaprayer's stall at Churchill Downs, looking like he just came off the hardwood.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- Three Chimneys Strikes Early for Orb Colt at $685,000
- Dodd's Tiznow Colt Attracting Attention at OBS
- Record Purses, Increased Handle at Oaklawn Park
- Ten Off-Track Thoroughbreds Expected for Rolex Kentucky
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Capps' Death is Big Loss to Louisville Equine Program
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing