Olympia entered stud in 1951 at Danada Farm in Kentucky and proved a prolific sire, getting 40 stakes winners (12%) until his retirement in 1967. His progeny tended to have ample speed like himself.
Retired California trainer J.E. "Cotton" Tinsley was discovered dead Jan. 4, Daily Racing Form reported. Tinsley, who had been missing since New Year's Eve, was 81.
- By Dan Liebman
Precisionist, a champion, Breeders' Cup winner, and member of racing's Hall of Fame, was euthanized Sept. 27 at Old Friends near Georgetown, Ky., less than four months after arriving at the facility. The 25-year-old horse was suffering from an inoperable tumor.
Most Popular Stories
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus
- A New Brand of Hero
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival