Olympia entered stud in 1951 at Danada Farm in Kentucky and proved a prolific sire, getting 40 stakes winners (12%) until his retirement in 1967. His progeny tended to have ample speed like himself.
Retired California trainer J.E. "Cotton" Tinsley was discovered dead Jan. 4, Daily Racing Form reported. Tinsley, who had been missing since New Year's Eve, was 81.
- By Dan Liebman
Precisionist, a champion, Breeders' Cup winner, and member of racing's Hall of Fame, was euthanized Sept. 27 at Old Friends near Georgetown, Ky., less than four months after arriving at the facility. The 25-year-old horse was suffering from an inoperable tumor.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Undefeated Ghalia Takes Sunland Park Oaks
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Farrell Poised for Next Test in Fair Grounds Oaks
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen