Olympia entered stud in 1951 at Danada Farm in Kentucky and proved a prolific sire, getting 40 stakes winners (12%) until his retirement in 1967. His progeny tended to have ample speed like himself.
Retired California trainer J.E. "Cotton" Tinsley was discovered dead Jan. 4, Daily Racing Form reported. Tinsley, who had been missing since New Year's Eve, was 81.
- By Dan Liebman
Precisionist, a champion, Breeders' Cup winner, and member of racing's Hall of Fame, was euthanized Sept. 27 at Old Friends near Georgetown, Ky., less than four months after arriving at the facility. The 25-year-old horse was suffering from an inoperable tumor.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale