Olympia entered stud in 1951 at Danada Farm in Kentucky and proved a prolific sire, getting 40 stakes winners (12%) until his retirement in 1967. His progeny tended to have ample speed like himself.
Retired California trainer J.E. "Cotton" Tinsley was discovered dead Jan. 4, Daily Racing Form reported. Tinsley, who had been missing since New Year's Eve, was 81.
- By Dan Liebman
Precisionist, a champion, Breeders' Cup winner, and member of racing's Hall of Fame, was euthanized Sept. 27 at Old Friends near Georgetown, Ky., less than four months after arriving at the facility. The 25-year-old horse was suffering from an inoperable tumor.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Gets First Look at Churchill Downs
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Minding Leads Sweep in One Thousand Guineas
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Maurice, Chautauqua Victorious in Hong Kong
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas