Olympia entered stud in 1951 at Danada Farm in Kentucky and proved a prolific sire, getting 40 stakes winners (12%) until his retirement in 1967. His progeny tended to have ample speed like himself.
Retired California trainer J.E. "Cotton" Tinsley was discovered dead Jan. 4, Daily Racing Form reported. Tinsley, who had been missing since New Year's Eve, was 81.
- By Dan Liebman
Precisionist, a champion, Breeders' Cup winner, and member of racing's Hall of Fame, was euthanized Sept. 27 at Old Friends near Georgetown, Ky., less than four months after arriving at the facility. The 25-year-old horse was suffering from an inoperable tumor.
Most Popular Stories
- Leading Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Z Capital Partners Purchases Parent Company of DRF
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- 139 Cataloged for Texas Yearling and Mixed Sale