Retired California trainer J.E. "Cotton" Tinsley was discovered dead Jan. 4, Daily Racing Form reported. Tinsley, who had been missing since New Year's Eve, was 81.
Precisionist, a champion, Breeders' Cup winner, and member of racing's Hall of Fame, was euthanized Sept. 27 at Old Friends near Georgetown, Ky., less than four months after arriving at the facility. The 25-year-old horse was suffering from an inoperable tumor.
Most Popular Stories
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail
- Stronach Takes Stand on Integrity Reforms
- Midnight Hawk Brings Illinois Derby Intrigue
- Regulators Begin Asmussen Investigations
- Street Boss Colt Among Top OBS Day 2 Workers
- Dude Back On Game for Charles Town Classic
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Kauai Katie Makes Her 2014 Debut in Distaff
- And They're Off: The End of the Trail Edition
- Takeout Just One Symptom of the Disease