Olympia entered stud in 1951 at Danada Farm in Kentucky and proved a prolific sire, getting 40 stakes winners (12%) until his retirement in 1967. His progeny tended to have ample speed like himself.
Retired California trainer J.E. "Cotton" Tinsley was discovered dead Jan. 4, Daily Racing Form reported. Tinsley, who had been missing since New Year's Eve, was 81.
- By Dan Liebman
Precisionist, a champion, Breeders' Cup winner, and member of racing's Hall of Fame, was euthanized Sept. 27 at Old Friends near Georgetown, Ky., less than four months after arriving at the facility. The 25-year-old horse was suffering from an inoperable tumor.
Most Popular Stories
- Albarado Fractures Ankle, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Pricey Filly Tops OBS Pinhook Prospects
- Dolphus Outruns Quality Field at Aqueduct
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- J Boys Echo Breezes Five Furlongs at Churchill
- Southern Ring Speeds to Whimsical Victory
- Party Boat Upsets Fifty Five in Memories of Silver
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic
- Collected Impresses Again in Californian