Olympia entered stud in 1951 at Danada Farm in Kentucky and proved a prolific sire, getting 40 stakes winners (12%) until his retirement in 1967. His progeny tended to have ample speed like himself.
Retired California trainer J.E. "Cotton" Tinsley was discovered dead Jan. 4, Daily Racing Form reported. Tinsley, who had been missing since New Year's Eve, was 81.
- By Dan Liebman
Precisionist, a champion, Breeders' Cup winner, and member of racing's Hall of Fame, was euthanized Sept. 27 at Old Friends near Georgetown, Ky., less than four months after arriving at the facility. The 25-year-old horse was suffering from an inoperable tumor.
Most Popular Stories
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Cathryn Sophia Voted Top Midlantic-Bred for 2016
- Mexikoma to Stand at Keen Farms
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- A Look Back at Quack's California Derby
- PA Development Fund Helped Brandt Expand Feed Business
- OBS Championship Stakes Fields Set
- What's Going On Here: No Bid, No Win