Chocolate Candy sweetened trainer Jerry Hollendorfer's Triple Crown hopes on Valentine's Day with the colt's first graded stakes win in the $200,000 El Camino Real Derby (gr. III) at Golden Gate Fields.
MAHUBAH'S CORNER, by Avalyn Hunter
Chocolate Candy's record-setting win in the Real Quiet Stakes could be a sign of bigger things to come in 2009 from the son of Candy Ride (ARG).
Facing winners for the first time, Chocolate Candy overcame a slow start to win the $100,000 Real Quiet Stakes for 2-year-olds at Hollywood Park Nov. 8.
Most Popular Stories
- One-Fifth Curlin Share Surpasses $6 Million
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell
- American Pharoah Will Dictate Race Schedule
- CDI Plans to Demolish Calder Grandstand
- Solow Aims to Keep Win Streak Alive in Sussex
- Darby Dan Promotes Hammond to Vice Chairman
- Frac Daddy Retired With Suspensory Strain
- Small Farm Yields Big Returns for Smith
- It's Wait and See for Large WV Derby Field
- Sprint Champ, Commanding Curve Spice Stakes