Crown Royal has pledged a $1 million donation to Thoroughbred Charities of America if retired jockey Laffit Pincay, Jr. can correctly pick the top three finishers, in order, of each of this year's Triple Crown races.
Patrick Biancone has been a big supporter of Polytrack and Stream Cat, who trained on the surface at Turfway Park, won the $114,300 Crown Royal American Turf (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs Friday.
Novice hurdlers get their last chance at grade I glory this year in the AFLAC U.S. Championship Novice hurdle stakes (NSA-I) Saturday at the Callaway Gardens Steeplechase in Pine Mountain, Ga.
There hadn't been a thrilling stretch duel all day, but the ninth race on the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) undercard featured one. Rush Bay, under Robby Albarado, and Rey de Cafe, with Javier Castellano up, hit the wire together in the $114,700 Crown Royal American Turf (gr. IIIT).
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Cuddle Alert Gives Sire Bedford Falls First Stakes Win
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa