Crown Royal has pledged a $1 million donation to Thoroughbred Charities of America if retired jockey Laffit Pincay, Jr. can correctly pick the top three finishers, in order, of each of this year's Triple Crown races.
Patrick Biancone has been a big supporter of Polytrack and Stream Cat, who trained on the surface at Turfway Park, won the $114,300 Crown Royal American Turf (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs Friday.
Novice hurdlers get their last chance at grade I glory this year in the AFLAC U.S. Championship Novice hurdle stakes (NSA-I) Saturday at the Callaway Gardens Steeplechase in Pine Mountain, Ga.
There hadn't been a thrilling stretch duel all day, but the ninth race on the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) undercard featured one. Rush Bay, under Robby Albarado, and Rey de Cafe, with Javier Castellano up, hit the wire together in the $114,700 Crown Royal American Turf (gr. IIIT).
Most Popular Stories
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Honor Code to Bypass Rebel, Run at Gulfstream
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists
- Judy the Beauty Leads Las Flores Shippers
- Riposte Heads Solid Hillsborough Field
- Portion of Vinceremos' Earnings to Charity
- Sweet Reason Comes Back a Winner
- Midshipman Colt Posts Fastest Ocala Drill
- Team Equest Designed to Attract New Owners
- Big 'Cap was 'Holy Grail' for Trainer Jones