The 30th annual Jim McKay Maryland Million Day, with purses and awards of more than $1 million for Maryland-sired horses, is scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 17, 2015 at Laurel Park.
Thanks to a 10-year agreement reached nearly two years ago, hope has replaced uncertainty. Tom Chuckas was at the forefront of the deal.
The 29th renewal of Jim McKay Maryland Million Day is set for Oct. 18, at Laurel Park.
The Maryland Million, which pioneered the concept of setting aside one day a year for races devoted strictly to state-sired runners, will have its 27th running at Laurel Park Oct. 6.
A Maryland delegate is planning to propose a resolution to rename the state-bred and state-sired event Jim McKay Maryland Million Day.
Due to construction delays at Laurel Park because of severe rain in central Maryland, the Oct. 9 Maryland Million program will be conducted at Pimlico Race Course for the eighth time in the 19-year history of the event.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Tapit, War Front Dominate Keeneland Sale
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby