A group of creditors involved in the NYCOTB bankruptcy proceeding has suggested a number of changes, including a 1% surcharge on wagers, according to a June document.
The largest creditors in the Jockeys' Guild bankruptcy case are two past national managers now involved in legal proceedings against the organization, and both have been selected as part of a five-member committee made up of creditors with significant claims against the Guild.
A federal bankruptcy court judge has paved the way for the New York Racing Association to emerge from Chapter 11 protection pending the outcome of a vote by creditors.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Impressive in Workout
- Winning Crown Connections Feel It's Time
- Untapable Works Toward Ogden Phipps Stakes
- KEDRC Makes Cobalt Policy Recommendation
- War Story to Skip Belmont, Head to Ohio Derby
- NBC Sports Commentators on 'Night School'
- American Pharoah 'Went Great' in Slop at CD
- NY Begins Weekly Track Information Reports
- 'Win and You're In' Spot for Ordak Dan
- Comments to Treasury Jump as Deadline Nears