A group of creditors involved in the NYCOTB bankruptcy proceeding has suggested a number of changes, including a 1% surcharge on wagers, according to a June document.
The largest creditors in the Jockeys' Guild bankruptcy case are two past national managers now involved in legal proceedings against the organization, and both have been selected as part of a five-member committee made up of creditors with significant claims against the Guild.
A federal bankruptcy court judge has paved the way for the New York Racing Association to emerge from Chapter 11 protection pending the outcome of a vote by creditors.
Most Popular Stories
- Tonalist, Noble Bird Among Whitney Workers
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool
- Monmouth, New Jersey Racing Enjoy Spotlight
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Jockey Jellison Dies of Cancer at Age 51
- Jockey Russell Back in Action at Laurel Park
- Rachel's Valentina to Debut Aug. 2 at Spa
- Retired Trainer Dutton Dies at 87
- Arlington, Hawthorne Mesh '16 Dates Schedules
- Most Inspiring First Winner for Gio Ponti