A group of creditors involved in the NYCOTB bankruptcy proceeding has suggested a number of changes, including a 1% surcharge on wagers, according to a June document.
The largest creditors in the Jockeys' Guild bankruptcy case are two past national managers now involved in legal proceedings against the organization, and both have been selected as part of a five-member committee made up of creditors with significant claims against the Guild.
- By Tom Precious
A federal bankruptcy court judge has paved the way for the New York Racing Association to emerge from Chapter 11 protection pending the outcome of a vote by creditors.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Passes
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- Tourist, Celestine Work at Keeneland
- Champion Tepin Works at Churchill Downs
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Not This Time Works at Churchill Downs
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic