Market indicators were up across the board Jan. 8 on the first day at Australia's Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale, where a colt and a filly tied for the top price of $450,000 ($402,433 in United States funds).
For a horse with the name he's been given, Obviously is anything but at the 2012 Breeders' Cup World Championships.
Trainer Mike Mitchell, who had surgery to remove a tumor from his brain late last month, was on hand as odds-on Dhaamer turned the closing-day Sunset Handicap (gr. IIIT) into a romp at Betfair Hollywood Park July 15.
The Tattersalls autumn horses in training sale ended its four-day run Oct. 27 in England with a median price that was the same as a year ago.
Most Popular Stories
- Bolo Thrives in Return to Turf at Santa Anita
- American Pharoah Schools, Back to Galloping
- Bill Puts USADA in Charge of Drug Testing
- Blood-Horse Unveils Multimedia Tablet Edition
- Son Wins 'Lopez Battle' at Golden Gate Fields
- Zenyatta in Foal to War Front Again
- Materiality, Frosted Drill Toward Belmont
- The Truth Or Else Joins Belmont Stakes Mix
- New Bay, Karaktar Among 14 for French Derby
- Wonder Again Next Step for Unbeaten Lady Eli