An expert on speed figures and a respected clocker believe the listed final time of the Pegasus World Cup Invitational (G1) is slow by about four-fifths of a second, and that the actual final time Arrogate ran should be close to the track record.
Officials with the Del Mar Thoroughbred Club announced Aug. 28 they will not adjust the final time for the 2013 TVG Pacific Classic (gr. I), won by a record 8 1/2 lengths by Game On Dude.
The head speed figure maker for TimeformUS believes Game On Dude completed the $1 million TVG Pacific Classic (gr. I) about 1 1/2 seconds faster than what he is being given credit for on the official chart.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Werther Goes the Distance in Hong Kong
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Tapwrit Works Toward Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double