An expert on speed figures and a respected clocker believe the listed final time of the Pegasus World Cup Invitational (G1) is slow by about four-fifths of a second, and that the actual final time Arrogate ran should be close to the track record.
Officials with the Del Mar Thoroughbred Club announced Aug. 28 they will not adjust the final time for the 2013 TVG Pacific Classic (gr. I), won by a record 8 1/2 lengths by Game On Dude.
The head speed figure maker for TimeformUS believes Game On Dude completed the $1 million TVG Pacific Classic (gr. I) about 1 1/2 seconds faster than what he is being given credit for on the official chart.
Most Popular Stories
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- CHRB Discusses Cutting Back Racing Dates
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- Proctor's Ledge Makes Splash in Lake George
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- Saratoga Opening Day Sees Handle Increase