Under a crafty front-running ride from Ramon Dominguez, Little Mike led every step of the way to claim the 30th running of the $1 million Arlington Million (gr. IT) Aug. 18 on the Arlington Park turf.
British-bred Afsare, originally scheduled for turf work on the morning of Aug. 16 in preparation for the Arlington Million (gr. IT), instead drilled a half-mile over the Arlington Park main track due to a steady rain.
A field of 11 is set for the 30th running of the Arlington Million (gr. IT) Aug. 18 at Arlington Park, with Phipps Stable's Boisterous installed as the 4-1 morning line favorite.
The Arlington Million annually draws a star-studded cast of accomplished runners from all over the globe and this year's edition should be no different, as 11 runners were pre-entered.
Crackerjack King took command with a furlong left to run and cruised home an easy winner of the Premio Presidente della Repubblica GBI Racing (Ity-I) at Capannelle May 13.
Most Popular Stories
- One-Fifth Curlin Share Surpasses $6 Million
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell
- American Pharoah Will Dictate Race Schedule
- CDI Plans to Demolish Calder Grandstand
- Frac Daddy Retired With Suspensory Strain
- Solow Aims to Keep Win Streak Alive in Sussex
- Darby Dan Promotes Hammond to Vice Chairman
- Small Farm Yields Big Returns for Smith
- Sprint Champ, Commanding Curve Spice Stakes
- It's Wait and See for Large WV Derby Field