Stallion Access, a subsidiary of Fasig-Tipton Co., has catalogued 65 no-guarantee seasons and shares for its November sale of select seasons and shares.
A 2002 no-guarantee season to Danzig brought the top price of $260,000 to headline the Stallion Access auction at Fasig-Tipton Kentucky's Newtown Paddocks on Nov. 9.
Don't blink now because Sadler's Wells might have caught Mr. Prospector as you are reading this. The Irish stallion chalked up stakes winner No. 171 on May 20, when his son Sligo Bay captured the Cinema Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Hollywood Park.
Gainesway Farm stallion Broad Brush, who stood for $100,000 in 2000, will stand for a private fee in 2001.
Twilite Farms' Gaviola swept by Good Game in the stretch and pulled away to a three-length victory to earn her sixth consecutive win in Sunday's $250,000 Garden City Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IT) at Belmont Park. Under Jerry Bailey, the William H. Turner Jr. trainee completed the 1 1/8 miles in 1:48.89 to earn her first grade I stakes win.
Gaviola made it five wins in a row with a clear-cut victory in Monday’s Lake Placid Handicap (gr. IIT) at Saratoga.
Over firm turf, Purely Cozzene led at every call of the $150,000 La Jolla Handicap (gr. IIIT) Saturday at Del Mar, completing the 1 1/16-mile race in 1:41.50 under David Flores.
Scatter the Gold's bid to follow in his mother's footsteps by sweeping the Canadian Triple Crown fell a little over three lengths short Saturday as the Sam-Son Farm's homebred finished third in the $500,000 Breeders' Stakes at Woodbine. The Todd Pletcher-trained Lodge Hill earned the win, completing the 1 1/2-mile turf race, run over firm turf, in 2:28.97.
Most Popular Stories
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Tapit Colt Tops Barretts Hips to Watch
- Arrogate and How We Define Greatness
- Fasig-Tipton Adds New Sale Aimed at Turf Prospects
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- NYRA Privatization Stalls During NY Budget Wrangling