Trainer Bruce Levine, currently at Gulfstream with a string of a dozen horses, took some time out from his Monday morning to answer five questions.
Coyote Lakes wins the marathon Gallant Fox Handicap for the third time in a row.
Speedy Pick, a 59-1 longshot, led through every step of the San Luis Rey Handicap (gr. IIT) except the ones that mattered most. In the final strides, Continental Red rallied to win Saturday's $250,000 race by a nose at Santa Anita.
Denon, who will try to deliver yet another graded stakes win to conditioner Bobby Frankel, will carry highweight of 118 into Saturday's running of the $250,000 San Luis Rey Handicap (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita.
Trainer Michael Daggett and veterinarian William Isomoto were suspended for by Aqueduct's stewards Sunday.
Roddy J. Valente's Coyote Lakes ran past Top Official in deep stretch to win the 1 5/8-mile Gallant Fox Handicap (gr. III) for the second time in 2001. The 7-year-old Society Max gelding previously won the race on New Year's Day 2001.
Most Popular Stories
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Texas Chrome Named Texas Horse of the Year
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Cathryn Sophia Voted Top Midlantic-Bred for 2016
- OBS Championship Stakes Fields Set